Complete 540 Project Visualization - from NCDOT Feb 2018

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JustMe, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

markfnc likes this.
  2. Rockyv58

markfnc likes this.
  3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Rocky, what happened to all this guys videos? they all say unavailable here, and i cant even find them no on you tube search .

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Guys name was Rick Williamson and all his videos have disappeared. He used to post them initially on Nextdoor.

5. Rockyv58

don't know what happened to them ? when i have some free time i will check.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Maybe the music he used was copyrighted and he had one too many copyright strikes so they removed the channel?

markfnc likes this.
  7. markfnc

That makes sense or DOT/Contractors said to take it down.

BuzzMyMonkey and NOT WOKE like this.
  8. jesse82nc

1st amendment protects filming in public for the press (YouTube is considered press). So I don't think they would have any legal right to take it down. They don't have any jurisdiction over the airspace. FAA could have something to say though if he was using it for commercial purposes and didn't have a commercial license, but I don't know if that was the case or not.

markfnc likes this.
  9. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I think your explanation on the music might be the more realistic explanation. This guy is a ghost on nextdoor now! Cannot find any post of any type from him.

Rockyv58 and markfnc like this.
  10. Rockyv58

That is a shame. I like watching his videos and sharing them. It's not only for I-540 but he did the Barber Mill Bridge

11. Rockyv58

Well I actually found him online and asked what happened. Here is the response I received
    "I did remove it from YouTube, I got a call from NCDOT they didn’t think it was appropriate for me to be flying over their construction site. My understanding of the law is I was legal to make those flights, but not worth the trouble to me to fight it in court. So I removed the videos and probably won’t make any new ones of that area. [​IMG]"

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Mark was spot on.

markfnc, NOT WOKE and Rockyv58 like this.
  13. Rockyv58

Yeah I guess NC DOT didn't want us to see their lack of work and what is taking so long to complete

14. NOT WOKE

NOT WOKE Well-Known Member

I would imagine it is to protect their and their contractors equipment from sabotage and theft Rocky.

markfnc likes this.
  15. markfnc

thanks for getting into that. Hate they were taken down, as it was good to see progress other than when you crossed a road.

16. markfnc

Jesse82nc do any of your DOT sites show updated expected completion dates for
    1. 540 (holly springs to i 40)
    2. 40/42 intersection
    3. 40 widening from beltline to exit 312?

17. markfnc

As a GC you get really nervous of any picture/video of your job site. Someone could zoom in and see a Osha violation etc. (Even if you have a safe site there could be a random thing in the background of someone not following rules)

18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

True, OHSA will find something. As construction workers they should all know more times than not cameras on you. Hell that’s for most everything now days. A good word of advice, live your life like A Camera is on you most of the time.

Hught and NOT WOKE like this.
  19. jesse82nc

I think everything is out the window on timelines these days, so nothing is trustworthy.

20. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

The govt can't do anything on time

NOT WOKE and jesse82nc like this.