New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Yeargan rd land will be apartments.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4043113379086271&id=897663916964582

2. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

What’s the breakfast place and where?

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  3. markfnc

Eggs Up Grill, right next to Harbour Freight

Boston Redhead likes this.
  4. markfnc

More industrial for Benson: Prev article was
    Edgewater
    Here's a breakdown of the industrial projects Parker Properties Group is working on:

• A 170,500-square-foot building at 1230 Chicopee Road in Benson. The space is leased to a Fortune 500 manufacturer, though Parker declined to identify the company. Occupancy is expected in October.
    • A 270,734-square-foot building located next door to the 1230 Chicopee Road facility. Construction has started and is scheduled to be completed in Q1 2023.
    • A 117,000-square-foot building at 880 Woodall Dairy Road expected to start construction in Q4.
    • 557,200 square feet spread across four buildings at North Park at Forty, an 85-acre industrial park located off Interstate 40 at exit 325 in Benson. Construction is slated to start in Q2 2023.
    Developer charts 1.1M square feet of industrial space in Johnston County - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

5. UsrNmsSuk

UsrNmsSuk Member

Based on this quote about Lidl closing in Rocky Mount, I'm guessing they backed out

"The chamber of commerce director said the move was more easily understood, as Lidl has started to close three out of its initial five stores in North Carolina."

6. markfnc

Is the Hwy 55 Burgers at McGees open yet?

7. smparrish

smparrish Active Member

Not yet. It looks like they are still doing interior work and landscaping.

8. markfnc

I stopped by this morning on the way to work. Something is definitely being worked on now. scaffold is up where unfinished sidewalk was before. but looking inside, it is just getting started. it is an empty conc block shell space, just getting started. I Didn't see a permit box. i looked up the address on garner permits, but the only permits i saw were the original separating the old Kroger space, then the permits for Harbor Fright and Eggs up Grill.

9. markfnc

Lidl did pull a Permit from Garner on July 7, 2022. So, it is still happening.

10. wcdknows

wcdknows Member

Are they remodeling the Taco Bell on 70?

11. madison

madison Member

Does anyone have any updates on the land at Cornwallis and Hwy 42? That Sale Pending sign has been up forever.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

from what I remember that sign pertains to the small center going in supposedly anchored by a grocery. The sign is just about where the driveway going back into the center was going to be placed. There was nothing going on with the small corner parcel that I remember.

madison likes this.
  13. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf Member

Anyone know what happened to the plans to put a park in the Cleveland area? Last I heard it stalled in NC House.

14. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They had a bunch of public meetings recently about it in the Cleveland area.

https://www.johnstoncountyregionalpark.org/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  15. markfnc

16. markfnc

I guess Wake Med will be going in at White Oak/Timber not on NC 50 as i had heard.
    WakeMed proposes new Garner hospital and a new 150-bed mental health hospital (msn.com)

tassy likes this.
  17. wcdknows

wcdknows Member

Is Taco Bell on 70 getting remolded?

18. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Not sure if a typo, or....

On a separate note, I saw somewhere that the development company requesting the rezoning for NC 50 across from Lowe's Foods has developed shopping centers for Publix. So, of course, there's speculation that a Publix will open there. I can't remember where I saw that, though... Nextdoor? Anyone want to make an educated guess on how likely that is?

Edit: Searching for it, I'm reminded now that we've discussed this before. Either it's a persistent rumor, or maybe there's something to it and they're just moving slowly. I need to find what development company requested that rezoning.

Edit 2: Well, even a realty ad for a nearby lot says Publix is coming soon: https://www.movoto.com/home/16577-nc-50-hwy-garner-nc-27529-413_2444947

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  19. markfnc

I don't have link either, i think it was on the JoCO monthly meeting that the deleveoper for that land is from the same town in Fla that publix is from. Sure cant see 3 grocery stores at that intersection, but I'm a contractor not a developer.

Smithers and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  20. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Well, Wanda says Publix is coming and we read it on the internet so it must be true, right?