40/42 Interchange Construction

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They also removed the piece that stuck out in the middle

2. jesse82nc

There was a post somewhere that said the DQ across the street is leaving as well soon, I wondered if the building was having any changes or just due to the parking lot.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

4. markfnc

dominos moved a year ago (+/-)? not much left in that center.

5. jonathan

jonathan Member

The building with Dairy Queen is being sold by Joe Sample and is likely to be torn down and a new restaurant or quick lube place built.

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the new building beside Simple Twist is a quick lube. Yep, in addition to the one across the street beside Food Lion.

7. markfnc

8. markfnc

40/42 Waffle House has reopened!

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

10. markfnc

Is that the same guy who did the other drone videos that got taken down on YouTube? thanks for posting.

11. jesse82nc

Some quick googling shows the email registered to the channel is owned by a Rick Williamson. I don't remember if that was the same guy?

markfnc and Rockyv58 like this.
  12. Rockyv58

yes its the same guy

markfnc likes this.
  13. markfnc

I don't ever drive I 40 from beltline to exit 312 but did yesterday. I 40 east is now open all 4 lanes from around 306 to almost 309. It's not done, final layer of paving and final striping, but lanes are open. FYI

(Edited to say 306 to 309, not 312)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    BuzzMyMonkey and jesse82nc like this.
  14. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I think that happened last Friday. I checked Google Maps traffic for the ride home, saw it showed green from Jones Sausage Rd all the way to JoCo, and thought "there's no damn way, that's got to be a bug", and I didn't take I-40. Came to find out it is now 4 lanes between US-70 Business and US-70 Bypass, eastbound only.

I also see there's a new sign for exit 312 labelled as "Fuquay-Varina, Cleveland Rd", for when exit 312 will be a frontage street to two exits. I wonder if it will be exit 312A-B, or if Cleveland Rd will be exit 313. (edit: now that I think about it, since the new sign just has exit 312, I bet NC-42 and Cleveland Rd will end up being exits 312 A and B.)

markfnc likes this.
  15. jesse82nc

It will all be one "exit" from I-40, as you will have to get off the main highway at the same point north of NC42, then there is a long exit ramp with 2 additional exits. One for 42 and one for Cleveland Rd. If you stay on it, you will end up back on 40 south of Cleveland Rd.

So not sure yet if it will be an A/B or just called 312. You can see the final design map here and zoom in, North is to the left on the map (just to be confusing). https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/i40-nc42/Documents/i-40-widening-final-design-map-3.pdf

markfnc likes this.
  16. markfnc

As we talked about with the Burger King access, i still see no changes that would help the Dunkin Donuts to get in and out from highway.

17. jesse82nc

Looks right in, right out on the latest.

upload_2023-4-14_14-53-19.png

18. markfnc

i guess i meant coming off i 40 east and how to get in there.

19. jesse82nc

You would have to make a U-Turn at the new traffic light at Technology Drive

20. Rockyv58

markfnc likes this.