New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

Poor Hwy 42 in that area. The state may need to fast track the widening of the road in that area. The upcoming Copper District project, when fully built out, is going to put A LOT of traffic on that road, albeit a little further down the road from this lastest proposal.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I think Copper District when fully built will have 2000-5000 workers in the office buildings and another 2000-3000 people living there. So that could be a lot of cars in the morning and afternoon.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I heard that as well. With Food Lion being the grocery store. But everytime I drive past it, on the sign it still says "Sale Pending" its been saying that for years

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

jesse82nc and tassy like this.
  5. markfnc

This was on my construction bidding site today.

Food Lion #2258 / Clayton
    Bids June 6
    Site work and new construction of a retail development in Clayton, North Carolina. Completed plans call for the construction of a 35,976-square-foot, one-story above grade retail development. Plans call for ground-up construction of a new Food Lion at Highway 42 and Cornwallis Road. Construction is expected to begin on July 24, 2023. *The owner requests that all subcontractor / supplier inquiries be directed to the GC Bidder.

NOT WOKE and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  6. jesse82nc

ANOTHER Food Lion?? Ugh, don't we have enough of these already.

lgb0250 likes this.
  7. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

I saw alot of land being cleared on 42 across from Circle K and Firestone. Anybody know what might be going up there?

8. markfnc

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    lgb0250 likes this.
  9. markfnc

10. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

My sentiments, too!

11. markfnc

12. markfnc

13. markfnc

anyone know what ever happened to this Handy Mart? this post is from 2020

14. jesse82nc

I emailed them a while ago and they gave an excuse of supply chain issues getting some of the construction materials.

markfnc likes this.
  15. jesse82nc

Now there will be 3 grocery stores on that intersection.

https://www.wral.com/story/publix-super-markets-signs-lease-for-new-garner-area-location/20897746/

Publix Super Markets announced on June 6, 2023, that it has executed a lease for a new store location in the Garner, NC area.

The new Publix at Middle Creek Crossings will be located at the Southeast corner of NC Highway 42 and NC Highway 50.

According to the company, the store will be 48,387 square feet and is expected to open in early 2025.

2023-06-07_08-28-08.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...m4!3m3!8m2!3d35.591558!4d-78.597298?entry=ttu

16. jesse82nc

This has been fully approved with some minor modifications to the site plan.

markfnc likes this.
  17. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t see Lowe’s surviving in that location for long oncePublix does open. FL will be ok as the low cost leader but Lowe’s cannot compete with Publix.

18. markfnc

Apple moving forward in RTP
    Apple files plans for 324,000 square feet of office space at RTP campus | WRAL TechWire

19. markfnc

Another project from 2020, that hasn't started. Wonder what is up? or just the fact stores might not be building new now with some closing. Like Bed Bath Beyond.

20. jesse82nc

I drive by often and have wondered what happened. It's been owned by ADCOCK FAMILY INTERESTS LLC since 2018.