Is Walmart coming to Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bnkrnr, Sep 20, 2006.

1. bnkrnr

bnkrnr Member

I heard a rumor that Walmart might be building a new store at 40-42, near the Lowes store. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, do you know a timeframe?

2. halucin8

halucin8 Well-Known Member

I sure hope not!!

3. motorider

motorider Well-Known Member

Mall Wart

Home of cheap plastic crap! Forces independent business owners out of business. They spell the end to individual inovation in business and creative identity for a community....well, wait a minute....oh never mind.

4. bnkrnr

bnkrnr Member

Why would being incorporated matter?....they can sell beer now!

5. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Wal-Marts 2nd choice of location is over behind Son-Lan's new office, behind the new SECU, Pizza Hut and Ruby Tuesdays.

Their first location, is elsewhere around 40/42 but i cant say where.

6. bnkrnr

bnkrnr Member

So - I'm reading that as a yes, Walmart is probably coming to Cleveland? I don't want you to reveal anything that you can't - just curious! Any chance we could attract Target instead?...maybe a Super Target??

7. rockyv

rockyv Guest

A few months back someone had posted a link to an article from the Triangle buisness magazine and in the article it stated that Wal mart was planing to open a location just past the 42/1010 intersection if i remember the article correclty

8. lindenul

Wal-Mart is probably coming to Cleveland...yes.

Targer or Super Target....dont mean this in a smart alec way but have you ever seen a Target and Walmart next to each other? I havent and cant imagine they would be side by side or even across 40 from each other.

9. rockyv

rockyv Guest

I would rather see a Target or a super target come our way. This county already has two Wally worlds. But did you also ever notice that where ever you see a Lowes home improvement you usually see a Home Depot close by. Why hasn't Home Depot opened any stores out this way yet?

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i actually heard a rumor from a Home Depot employee that they were looking at land out here, whether true or not, don't know.

11. rockyv

rockyv Guest

That would be great.

About two years ago I was talking to one of the assistant Mgrs of Lowes Foods and they told me that Lowes foods has property out by 4042 but was waiting for the beer law to change. The woman who owns the Bakery use to work in the bakery at Lowes foods. Either she had told me or the assistant mgr told me that Lowes owns land just past the 40/1010 intersection. Hopefully now we can get another grocery store out here beides Food Lion.

12. bnkrnr

bnkrnr Member

I don't take it in a "smart alec" way....just that I would rather see a Target come in rather than another Walmart.....although either would be welcome!

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

after the story about a shopping area behind SECU/Golden Corral with a WalMart ... I read some where else that they were looking at land near Old Drug Store ... sounded like down near Draft House some where. That was earlier this summer.

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

What about that 14-acre tract Clayton wanted to annex (or the owners wanted Clayton to annex, whatever)? What's supposed to be going in there? I heard a Lowe's Food Store, but what else? I guess now that the beer referendum has passed they can go ahead with that, what do you all think? I heard that was on 42 just across 50.

15. ECUBound

ECUBound Guest

walmart..

I like walmart and everything but it really makes me mad that they are going to get rid of layaway. As a single parent it makes it really hard whenever its christmas. just my thought

16. lindenul

No their first choice or any choice is down at 50/42. Its all in the 40/42 area.

17. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that Home Depot is building at McGee's Crossroads.

18. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I've heard that rumor, too. Anyone have confirmation on Home Depot building at McGees?

I also heard last fall from an employee at the Garner store that Kroger was looking at land in McGees. I've not heard any more on that.

19. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Where on earth would they put all that up there? :lol:

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Near CVS? Where the flea market used to be?