help with project, pleeaaassseee!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BenDover, Oct 13, 2006.

1. BenDover

BenDover Well-Known Member

Hi again. I can't seem to find out much on this topic. Maybe you can help me. Here is the question:

How has the invention of video games (Ralph Baer) made life easier for society?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

2. BenDover

Bump! Anyone?

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought you "only have the High Schooler" and no kids at Cleveland? My son finished his project the other day. On his own. 6th Grade at Cleveland Middle...

Anyway. As far as this invention goes, I would venture to say the only way it has made life easier is for parents - since they can dump their kids in front of the TV and not have to worry about them. Honestly, I think it has made life harder. Kids get less attention, and have less focus/concentration because they do not read as much or use their own imagination with pretend play.

4. SpunkyPunky

SpunkyPunky Well-Known Member

It's made it easier for Gram's and Grampie's!

We can put the grandkids in the room with a video-game and not hear a peep from them for hours, which leaves me time to practice my "cotton eye joy" and fix my hair! :lol: :lol:

5. Cleopatra

BS. My son goes to Cleveland Middle, just like your son does and he is working on the same project. Due on the 16th, correct?

Yeah, you shouldn't have asked. If your son did his work and his research, he would be able to answer that question himself.

My only advice is to "think outside the box". Maybe the actual video games are not a positive, but surely they opened the gateway to other things that are positive...

:roll:

6. BenDover

Stronger thumbs for thumb wrestling? :lol: No really, other than entertainment, is there anything that came out or evolved from the whole video game thing?

7. SpunkyPunky

Come on, Ben asked a fair question. I did answer it silly, admittingly, to bring it up top.
    I didn't see Cleo's response.
    Cleo, nobody knows who is behind the keys on the computer.
    This really could be a dad named Ben Dover.
    I checked US-Search, and there is over 30 Ben Dover's in the USA.
    I'm sure many are not listed.
    I think he asked a very valid question, now, instead of jest, maybe we can help him out.
    I have a feeling Ben is a single dad, or a widow.
    Let's try to help him.
    Okay, Cleopatra? Thank you

8. Cleopatra

It's a valid question, all right. There really IS an invention project due on the 16th. And that really IS one of the questions the KIDS are supposed to answer. The KIDS at Cleveland Middle in the 6th grade. I answered T4T's question.

Okay, puppet?

9. BenDover

edited

10. SpunkyPunky

Okay sock! :lol: :lol:

11. BenDover

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I am laughing so hard it hurts.

Ben (my last name is not dover. lol)

12. BenDover

Cleo wrote:

Maybe the actual video games are not a positive, but surely they opened the gateway to other things that are positive...

Like?

13. msharris

msharris Member

I think this one is going to be another funny one. I will be sure to stay tuned!!!

14. Cleopatra

SOrry. I don't do my kid's projects for him, and I'm not doing your kid's. I already gave you enough information for him (and you) to answer that question himself.

15. BenDover

Ok to put your mind at ease. I am not T4T. Do I know her, Yes. My name IS Ben. T4T IS in here under another name (you go figure out that one, noone has yet). There, make you feel better?

Now back to the topic of the thread.

16. BenDover

Didn't ask you to do that. Just helping find resources. Get out of the thread then.

Oh I am sure that you do help your kid with projects. That is what parents do. I didn't say do it for them, but I think you can help a child find the resources.

17. Cleopatra

Oh, I imagine she (you) is (are) here under several names....

I gave you enough information. If I told you, you wouldn't have learned anything from the project.

18. Cleopatra

Finding the resources is different than posting on a message board and finding the answers.

19. BenDover

Nope, you are wrong on that one. I am Ben.

20. BenDover

I am looking for information, not the answers. Now if you have nothing to add, go away.