Music lessons for kids..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ihaveaquestion, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ihaveaquestion

ihaveaquestion Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where you can find music lessons for kids in the area?

2. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

We just checked out Neighborhood Academy of Music in Clayton to see if they're pretty good. We learned that they do have experts in music field, from vocal to instruments. The staff there seems to be very friendly and the price isn't too bad. We're thinking about to sign a music lesson for our child there soon.

3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

^^^Ditto. That's where I'd take Little One if we could fit it all in ;) .

Frogger

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

What kind of music lessons are you interested in? My daughter took piano lessons from a private teacher in the area who was absolutely wonderful.

5. ihaveaquestion

one says piano the other guitar

6. MelloTofer

MelloTofer Well-Known Member

as a junior college music major...i recommend going with piano. (i took 7 years myself)

however.

make sure the piano teacher isn't just teaching them how to read notes on a page, and is actually teaching them the theory behind music. too often people think that getting lessons is all about being able to throw a piece of music in front of your child and being amazed at them playing.

music theory is just as if not more complicated than english or math. so if they really like music, starting them young is a must :)

speaking of which...i still have theory homework to do.

7. ihaveaquestion

that is what i am looking for.....
    if i just wanted it to sound good, i'd take them to anybody...
    i am looking for somebody that teaches music just as much as piano.

8. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

Good question, there ihaveaquestion, I have a great friend who teaches music. She was the choral teacher at West up until last year. IM me, and I can give you her information. She is teaching my daughter voice, and piano.