Myrtle Beach shows

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I am looking at advice on whcih show is better?

the show at the Alabama Theater or the Carolina Opry

Thanks for your help

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have not been to either of those, but I have been to the Dixie Stampede several times. My family really enjoys that one!

3. MelloTofer

MelloTofer Well-Known Member

that really depends on your taste. i hate country-ish music. so i aviod alabama. i am however a college music major...so i enjoy the opry.

although.

house of blues is the best ;)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love House of Blues too:-D

5. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Hubbie and I saw a show at the Alabama theatre a few years back called "One". It was a compilation of several broadway shows and it was great. Even hubby liked it and I pretty much had to beg him to take me b/c he hates stuff like that. The Alabama theatre doesn't just have country shows.

6. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

My wife and I took in the show "One" at the Alabama Theatre also. We liked the variety. We have also done the Dixie Stampede which is more good if you like to see horses etc.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

**cring**

8. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

I use to live about 15 minutes from Myrtle Beach. And have seen both shows. My favorite is Alabama Theatre. As for Dixie Stampede that is also one of my absolute favs we have also been the Medevil Times several times as well and both dinner shows are well worth the money. Which Medievil Times is a little more pricey than Dixie Stampede. Hope you enjoy.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the Medieval theater myself! A controlled Renaissance festival! 8)

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Second that. Liked it better than the Dixie Stampede too.

11. MelloTofer

MelloTofer Well-Known Member

3rd that. plus..it's fun to act like jim carrey from 'the cable guy' when you eat there.