Anybody know of a rabbit breeder?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a pet rabbit for my kid. I was hoping to find someone that has a reputation for breeding healthy rabbits and a good variety. If you know of somebody, let me know. I did check the 4042 classifieds, but no rabbits.

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Seems like there is a house on the Clayton side of Howards Mini-Mart on Barbor Mill road that always has a sign out about rabbits.

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Don't know of a rabbit breeder, but I do know of some people that breed like rabbits. :p

4. ready2cmyKing

LOL! After the day I've had, I needed a little laugh.

In all seriousness, I recently saw someone advertising baby mini rex rabbits for sale. Can't remember if it was on here or on craigslist, but it was one or the other. :?

5. wadespeed1

wadespeed1 Active Member

I noticed that about 1/3 of the Blue Ribbon bunnies at the NC State fair belonged to the fellow that lives on Barber Mill Rd. One of the awards was a reserve Grand Champion presented by his daughter. He appeared to serious about the rabbit business. If I needed a rabbit, I wouldn't hesitate buying from him.

Unfortunately, I don't have a name of phone number. If I remember correctly, he is about the fourth or fifth house (brown ranch?) on the left travelling from Amelia Church Road towards 42. He has a bunny for sale sign on the mailbox and several of those aluminum Carports in the front yard.

Good Luck

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I do rescue for 3R Raleigh Rodent Rescue.... they have some!!

http://www.raleighrodentrescue.org/ adoption fees are only $10 and it is for a good cause.

Anyone want to adopt 2 hamsters??? :)

7. wadespeed1

wadespeed1 Active Member

Here's the phone number for the Barber Mill Bunny man,

553-4354

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody...and thanks wadespeed1 for the #.

9. ready2cmyKing

Okay, I must say that Tuck is the cutest rat I have ever seen! [​IMG]

L, we have two gerbils right now or I would say yes to the hamsters. Our gerbils are 3 years old, do you know what the lifespan of gerbils is? I'm afraid that one day soon I'm going to find one of them dead - and the other one distraught. :neutral:

10. jnjrabbitry

jnjrabbitry Member

We raise rabbits

I'm J&J Rabbitry, and have been raising rabbits for over 20 years. You can call us at 341-5055, and come see what we have. We raise the best in Clayton!

11. ready2cmyKing

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What kind of rabbit breeds to you have? My child is 5 yrs. old and my wife and I do not want to get a large rabbit. We're looking at dwarfs. Preference for Dutch (black and white) but we're also looking at dwarf lops and Netherlands.

ready2cmyKing...thanks for the link. We may give them a call. Our kid has saw a black and white Dutch in the rabbit books and really wants one like it. I personally like the solid black one.

13. Ladybug1395

Ladybug1395 Member

Baby bunnies on-the-way

I am not a breeder but our bunny is in the process of having babies. We are also on of those people that thought we had two females. It happened to be that our cute Sabrina was a male. If you are willing to wait a while we will let you have one for free. We think she'll have them within the next 2 weeks and then they will have to stay with their mom for a while.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I sincerely appreciate the offer, Ladybug You know how young kids are, however. I'm not sure I can explain having to wait for several weeks for it to be born and then weaned. If we can talk him into waiting, I'll let you know.

15. Ladybug1395

Ladybug1395 Member

Yes, I know what you mean. We have gone through the same thing.
    I ended up going to the Pet store in Garner (Carolina Pet Supplies) because my kids could not wait (and neither did I). That is when they sold us the 2 "females".
    Surprise, surprise .......
    Just keep me informed if you still want a bunny.

16. jnjrabbitry

jnjrabbitry Member

Rabbits we have for sale......

We have Mini Rex, Jersey Wooly and Holland lops. All are small and under 4lbs.
    You can look at some pictures of our rabbits at www.geocities.com/jnjrabbitry

Jeri - J&J Rabbitry

17. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

AW! Ain't they cute? Esp. those Holland Lops

18. jnjrabbitry

jnjrabbitry Member

Thanks......... We think so too!

19. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

They are very cute ! My brother raised them for 4H when we were kids. Boy do they populate fast before we knew it there were 14 bunnies. When my kids were little we had a dwarf bunny we litter trained would jump right up on our laps. They are good pets

20. jnjrabbitry

jnjrabbitry Member

4-H is just one of the reasons we raise the rabbits. We also show in ARBA shows all over NC, VA, SC and so on. They are alot of fun!