Been Gone For A While

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BigBob, Mar 28, 2007.

1. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

How's everybody doing? I've been out and about for a while, but am glad to be back on here.

I also have an invitation to offer, and some bad news to share.

The bad news first. My son, Scott, has brain cancer. He is a 29 y/o son, brother, husband, and father. He's undergone 2 brain operations since February 14th. We meet with the doctors again on April 10th to determine what, if any follow-up treatment is needed. He has insurance to cover the medical bills, and disability insurance to cover his monthly bills. But there's nothing left to cover many of the living expenses encountered when you're raising a 2 year old (Cole - and he's cute as button! Not that Papa is biased or anything!) It will be anywhere from 6 months - 1 year before he can return to work, so (and here's the invitation)...

The Little Brown Jug and Two-Wheel Cafe are hosting a benefit on May 12th. So far, we know we'll have bands, karaoke, DJ, food, and an auction, with events taking place at both bars. If you can join us that day, I'd love to see you! If you're in a band that would be willing to play at the benefit, call Heidi at Two-Wheel (989-8389), if you have something for an auction, call Jeanette at The Little Brown Jug (934-0368) - tell them Big Bob referred you to them about the May 12th Benefit. If you can't join us that day, please offer a little prayer on my son's behalf (Scott Lewis)!

Thanks!
    (and it's good to be back)

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WB Bob and so sorry to hear about your son - i will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Where are the places you referred to located?

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Give us more infor when it gets closer. I think this will be a nice way to celebrate my birthday and help to support your son and his family.

My thought and prayers are with you and your family

Ro

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

hi Bob--

I will pray for Scott too.

I will definately try to be at the Benefit and I hope some other 4042.er's will join me. I know Bob and his family and they are all good, honest hard working people. THey are just like the rest of us here and this is a terrible thing that has befallen his family.

and to think I was complaining......

Be strong Bob and send everyone my love.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Pepper, guess Bob isn't online. Where are the places located?

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Ken, i thought that was what it was but still figured it couldn't hurt the cause to post the locations:-D

7. peppercorns

we love you Ken

I want to go!! whose gonna keep me company?

8. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

I put it on my calendar and plan to be there if I'm in town that weekend. My thoughts and prayers are with Bob and Scott and family.

9. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

Sorry I couldn't answer the questions - I posted and then had to leave for a bit. Anyway, thanks to Ken for advising of the exact locations. The Brown Jug has new owners and they've added a nice outdoor deck and bar that we plan to use for the Benefit. Also, Ken, I don't have a press release, but I'll send you a copy of the flyer I've put together. Look for it tomorrow morning as it's not on my work PC.

And thanks to everyone for offers of thoughts and prayers!

Pepper - we're still doing the Wednesday night show - we've missed you!!!

10. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

{{{BOB}}}}

Prayers for Scott and both families, hon!

11. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

This could be fun

Probably only work one time......wonder what we could get posted :lol:

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

oh well

there goes that chance

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  13. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

(((((((BOB)))))) Nice to see you back. Sorry to hear about your son. You, him and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope to make it to the benefit! :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thoughts and prayers from me too.

15. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Bob,

Best wishes for your son. Hang in there. {{{{{[[[[***get well vibes***]]]]}}}}}

16. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

:shock: That was a MAJOR typo! Sorry BigBob!! Thanks Ken!

17. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

No problem, MP. I don't know who BobF is, so I can't be offended. Besides, it takes alot to hurt my feelings! Again, thanks to everyone for their expressions of support!

18. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

Just an update on the plans for the Benefit. 3 items will be raffled off (don't have to be present to win) a 14' fishing boat w/trailer, a 42" flat screen TV, and a new desktop PC w/monitor. I should have raffle tickets available before this week is out. If you want to get one, you can come by Two-Wheel or Little Brown Jug on karaoke night (Wednesday and Thursday, respectively) and I'll be glad to hook you up!

There will also be an auction at Little Brown Jug on the 12th with items such as bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, ceramic figurines, etc. and carnival-style games at Two-Wheel. We are also going to have a dunk-tank and I've been told that I'll spend at least one turn in the "hot seat".

I also went to visit Scott over the weekend, and he is doing well. It's been over 2.5 weeks since the last seizure, but the headaches have started again. He tires easily, but usually takes a little nap during the afternoon and then he's OK. He's planning to join us at the benefit. Hope to see some of you out there as well!

19. peppercorns

i want the boat ...i want the boat - how much will tickets be....?????

Hoe will this work with a benefit at two different places...will there be different things at each place?
    i want the karaoke and the boat....
    and i miss bob and and mrs. bob...Heidi and cowboy.....
    and can kiddo go too???

20. BigBob

BigBob Well-Known Member

Of course Kiddo can go!!!! The boat will be raffled off at Little Brown Jug. The TV and computer will be at Two-Wheel. Each location will have their own item(s) to offer and each raffle is $5.00. That's $5.00 for the chance at the boat, and $5.00 for a chance at either the TV or the computer.

Bands and carnival games will begin at Two-Wheel just after Noon on May 12th. An auction will kick off at Little Brown Jug at about 2:00PM. There will be a free shuttle between locations throughout the day as there are multiple activities going on during the day at each place. The karaoke will be at Little Brown Jug that evening, beginning at around 6:00 and going until they ask me to stop (with a break around 8:00 for 30-45 minutes).

Oh, and don't mention Cowboy! Heidi's been with Mike for several months now and they seem EXTREMELY happy!