Join the Ron Paul Revolution

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pirate96, May 8, 2007.

1. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Finally a Republican who understands new technology.
    Since the debate on May 3, Ron Paul:
    • Handily won two post-debate polls posted by event sponsor MSNBC
    • Placed a close third (18%) in a post-debate poll on the conservative Drudge Report
    • Won an ABCNews.com online debate poll with 84%
    • Won a C-SPAN online GOP candidate poll with 69%
    • Became the third most-mentioned person in the blogosphere, beating out Paris Hilton, according to the reputable Technorati.com
    • Produced a YouTube.com video that was ranked the 8th most popular overall video, and the most-viewed political video
    • Was featured, by popular demand, on the front of Digg.com
    • Generated so many bulletin posts on MySpace.com that the site owner News Corp. blocked all additional posts about Dr. Paul
    • Became a "most searched" term on Google and Yahoo!
    • Saw a quadrupling of daily visitors to RonPaul2008.com
    Ron Paul Revolution
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

He came across to me as one of those "statesmen" we seek. I found his responses genuine, well thought out, and constitutionally oriented. The only hit against him is he went to Duke...ok it was a hcepa shot, byt I had to think quickly. I admire his willingness to step forward. Historically, I don't recall any President coming directly from the House into the presidency. Senators have made the move, but no Representatives, as I recall. Please correct me if I am wrong on this (LOL..like someone wouldn't) . And, believe me, seems like this country needs a good doc to help us fix what ails us.

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I can not remember a sitting House member that was elevated. Based on recent history and his record I think it may be time to give it a shot.

4. Hatteras6

Generally, Paul comes across as suppoortable. Paul's website menitons his endorsement by Walter B. Jones II, US Representative from NC (Mostly the mid coastal area to Goldsboro) and son of Walter B. Jones. Jones Senior was a YDD. Junior, who was elected as a Dem, changed parties when he thought the Repubs would gain control. Jones Jr is now vacillating in the wind, again holding up a wettened finger to judge the way political winds are blowing. It would not surprise many if Jones Junior were to flip party affiliation again. Pauls inclusion of Jone's endorsement is tantamount to Paul's campaign swallowing a poisoned pill.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Gerald Ford never held elected office between the House and the Presidency. But I agree it was not direct and I could not find any who went directly to the Presidency from the house.

Strange how many used the Secretary of State position as the jumping board in the past.

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

ahhhh another point of contention. You are right that the late Walter Jones was a Democrat and very proud. He was a great man.

When he died the Democrats sold out his son and intentionally gerrymandered the district to try and ensure that Walter Jones Jr. was not elected. They did not count on him switching parties. I admire Walter Jones Jr. and he tries to emulate his Dad. Constituent Services is one of the premiums.

I believe that Walter Jones endorsing Ron Paul is one leader endorsing another irregardless of the political cost.

7. Hatteras6

Pirate..
    I so enjoy civil discourse. Other than the Paul website, can you recommend any other sources of info?
    Walter may have a serious contender from Onslow. At the moment, I can;t recall the gentlman's nane, but he is a retired Army LTC, and has done well outside his military service.

I found it difficult to ever take Jones Junior serious, after he sponsored the bullcrap name change of French Fries (which have nada to do with France) to Freedom Fries.

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Ah....Mr. Adame might run a good race, but no one has given Mr. Jones a run for the money in many years. Many Democrats have written off the seat until he decides to retire. They love Mr. Jones down home you just have to look past the freedom fries. He takes care of constituents, protects the resources in the east, and supports the military. Given those things and the name of Walter Jones you better spend a lot of money and still most will not beat him.

Marshall Adame

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  9. RDPCUSTOM

RDPCUSTOM Well-Known Member

ron paul is the only one running, they call him congressman no, he dont pass nothing that violates the constitution,i hope everyone gives him a shot, the media sure isnt yet))))))))

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I believe that was the original idea in Washington and Jeffereson's time to groom the next president in that fashion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secretary_of_State

The title of Secretary of State is British in origin. At the time of American independence, "Secretary of State" was a title given to senior members of the King's cabinet (e.g., "Secretary of State in Charge of Colonies"). The position of "Secretary of State of the United States" was thus intended to be the most general and important office in the U.S. government, after the Presidency.

Particularly in the early years of the republic, the post was regarded as a natural stepping-stone to the Presidency. Secretaries of State who later occupied the White House included Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren and James Buchanan. Secretaries who unsuccessfully ran for President (either before or after their service at the State Department) were Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, John C. Calhoun, William H. Seward, James G. Blaine, Walter Q. Gresham, John Sherman, Elihu Root, William Jennings Bryan, Charles Evans Hughes, and Edmund Muskie.

11. Hatteras6

Pirate,
    with a campaign that never hit its stride, Weber was actually able to get about 48 000 voters to get off their bottoms and vote. Weber had no real campaign manager, his support system was well meaning but inexpereienced, and Weber had token (if that) support from the NC Democratic Party. I grant you that Jones won handily. Seems to me that 48K voters in your district reflects more than just a sprinkling of dissatisifed constitutents. The district is gerrymandered with factions thrown every which a way. Wayne county issues rarely are those of Dare or Carteret or Onlsow. And I recall that certain counties had considerable turn out for Weber. Had Weber had more support of the Democratic Party, he would have given Jones a more credible contest. I think the Democratic Party of NC has decided that the district is Jones's as you suggest. If I lived in the district and felt that way, I'd disown the party.
    The good fight should still be fought.

Last edited: May 9, 2007