Anyone missing a homing pigeon?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Lester, May 27, 2007.

1. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Or know where I can hand one off?

Don't get me wrong, I love him to death... but I don't have the resources, or time, to get up to speed on raising a homing pigeon. Second to that, he's living in my garage, and crapping all over my stuff.

Since homers GENERALLY don't go beyond 25-35 miles from home, I was curious if he was from around here, and is maybe just a little lost.

Anything you can pass on is greatly appreciated.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I had found one and the folks at the Johnston County Animal Shelter in Smithfield knew exactly what type he was, its problems and a person who would take care of him.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

There are people who race them...wonder if one got off track after a race...

4. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Not sure, although I suspect he isn't a racer... he's not banded, which would make identifying him at the finish line kind of difficult.

We're down to a pretty regular pattern now. I shoo him out in the morning, closing the door behind him, and let him back in during the evening. Wild bird seed seems to fit the bill for food. If it weren't for all that poop... he could stay.

Called the JoCo ASPCA, and got the number for a wildlife place out of Durham. They have a message on the machine... hopefully I'll get a call back. I missed the earlier qualification of "Smithfield" in Hught's post... so I'll try them next. Clayton seemed a little dumbfounded.