Mean parents

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ready2cmyKing, May 30, 2007.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:shock: Oh my!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. Rockwell

Rockwell Well-Known Member

Kids in my town growing up, they were always getting in trouble and getting there butts kicked by the cops when asked there names.

Jack and Peter Rabbit, they had a sister Bunny...true story

3. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that takes the cake! Musta' been really mean parents!

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

In the military I work for a man name Dick Small. Well I had to type his name a million times, and you always put last name first!:oops:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

After seeing this all I could think of was Johnny Cash's A Boy Named Sue; I bet this guy was one tough SOB

6. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

I used to go to church with a guy whose name was Don Key

7. kimmytoo

kimmytoo Well-Known Member

horrible

I had a typing teacher in high school who was Anita Dick (seriously)... their son had issues when he was going into the police academy (and his name was just Mike, but come on.... Officer Dick, Deputy Dick) - they whole family changed their name to Dickson...

I worked with a woman at Hoescht Celanese whose name was Constance Linkus. Connie Linkus (now that one was FUN!!!!)

My friend in high school was named Hollie Berry...

I really was very considerate when naming my children, thought about what could happen at school. I mean, you can't help your last name, but why add to the angst for kids?

8. ready2cmyKing

Some poor women marry into crazy names. When I got married, I took my husband's last name - but if his last name had made my name something crazy, I would have just kept my maiden name. :)

Let's see, as far as "A Boy Named Sue" thing goes, where I used to work there was a male customer named Jennifer (I kid you not!) :eek:
    I've always wondered about mothers who name their sons names like Stacy, Dana, Shannon, Kelly, etc. I know they're really unisex names, but they sound so feminine to me. (Hope I'm not offending any moms on here!)

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I went to school with a girl named Penny Penn. And in college I had a friend who married her college sweetie whose last name was Zipper. They talked about having a son in the future and naming him Rusty. Hmm....Rusty Zipper!

10. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

When I lived in Ohio there was a politician of some sort named Dusty Rhodes. (sounds like a John Denver song)

11. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Went to school with a guy named: Goda Hale. He insisted everyone call him Stanley because he said nothing was worse than his real first name combined with his last.

Also, girl at our school was named Ginger Snapp.

Had a customer at the brokerage firm I worked at in the 80s, named Richard Stiff. He loved that accounts were always accessed using the first name last...and ALWAYS insisted we call him Dick.

Had another customer whose last name was spelled: Sakas**t

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

and with the Boy/Girl names... My freshman hallmate was "Bruce" & HER sister was named "Charlie"... both totally girly girls!

13. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah...there was a girl in my dorm named Craig (it was her middle name...first name was Catherine)...she was girly enough to pull it off,though.

14. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

WTVD weatherperson Glenn Willey .....

15. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

When I worked for a local bank:

Female teller with the first name "Trigger". I thought that must have been awful for her growing up. She is in her early 60's and I'm sure when she was younger The Roy Rogers Show was fresh in people's mind. Why would you name your daughter after a TV horse?

But this one takes the cake.....

There is a VP at the same bank with the craziest last name you have ever heard in your life! The actual spelling is very complicated, but it is pronounced....hold on to your hats...Greasydick. I had a work order to fix something on his computer and I was brand new there. The spelling of the name is really crazy so I asked my team leader how to pronounce it. He said "John Greasydick". I figured they were screwing around with me because I was new, but my boss took me to his office and introduced me to him...and sure enough, his name was "Mr. Greasydick". Good God in Heaven, would you actually bring a kid into this world and torture them with a name like that? I'd be standing on the courthouse steps waiting for it to open on my 18th birthday to get it changed.

16. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

I also worked with a man named Dusty Rhodes when I worked at the Law Company in Wichita, Kansas many years ago!

17. ready2cmyKing

I know a woman who goes by her first name, Kevin.

I once had a babysitter whose first name was Welcome, which is what she always went by. She said she was the last of a huge family (12 children, I believe) and when she was born her mother said she was "welcome" in the family... :eek:

18. pausane

pausane Guest

When I lived in Ohio there was a Urologist at the Medical College with the name "Dick Tapper". True story.

Also, I knew a guy in college whose name was Matt but everyone called him Muff. I never could figure out why they called him Muff until one day I saw his name printed in a program. His last name was "Diver".

19. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I heard of a child named Master.

Can you imagine being his teacher?

20. alen

alen Well-Known Member

Coco Crisp......outfielder for the RedSox.