Girl's Softball

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 26, 2007.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hi all! Need the help of my fellow 4042ers!

I'm looking for a place for girls softball other than the GCAA, the MCAA or the Town of Clayton (which is full and has a waiting list).

If anyone knows of any leagues, or communities that have a 12U team that could use an extra girl who just wants to play ball sans any drama, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Maybe a church around here has a place for her on the team??

4. chik

chik Well-Known Member

Garner?

I was pleased with the program over at Garner. Have you thought of them?

5. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Try Smithfield but be quick about it. Nice park next to SSS High School.

6. JenniferK

I called Garner Parks and they gave me the GASL phone number, and it's been ringing busy all day. I'll look up Smithfields number.

Thanks!

7. chik

chik Well-Known Member

Usually after 5 the GASL will answer I don't know anyone on the board anymore but my daughter enjoyed playing there. The park is very nice also.

8. justme989

justme989 Guest

After reading posts in the past about a certain persons behavior at softball fields.It seems there is definitely an underlying problem when they need to search for some where new to play every season.It would seem this persons child and DH are usually the ones that suffer the most. A better solution would be to try and take up tennis,golf etc..or just get along.Softball is a team sport and if a child or parent can't be a team player without continuous conflict the team will reject them.BTW keep in mind time is short,statistics show that girl softball participation drops off 70% at the 14u level.
    On a lighter note the local travel ball teams are thriving with awesome girls, great attitudes and parents who want to see their children become better ball players as we have fun along the way.This also paves the way for better middle school and high school teams which will help our community in the long run
    Now "PLAY BALL"

9. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

I coached baseball and girls fast pitch softball for 10 years. Good luck on finding any team with no drama, be it players or parents. Especially girls softball, drama is a requirement for playing :)

10. JenniferK

It would seem that you don't know wth you're talking about.

But thanks for the input!

11. chik

chik Well-Known Member

to Justme989

Politics have existed in cleveland baseball/softball for a long time. I myself removed my children for a while and took them to Garner. My kids were better off. They each made allstars. My son went on to play a couple of seasons of travel baseball, placed 3rd in states, and went on to play the national AAU championship in Florida. It was a great experience. If I would of left him he would not of known he had talent. Sometimes making a change is an okay thing. If you can't get past biases and parents playing politics forgetting that these are kids out in the field to learn to play a game, that they are not little professionals. I witnessed a parent (coach to be truthful) throw a bat in a coach pitch game. This is the acts that parents and coaches go to. They forget the fact their child won't be a professional.

So parents make a decision to change location for reasons beyond what you have posted. Sometimes parents make pawns out of their children this is sad.

Just simply letting your child play ball and enjoying it is wonderful. If politics make it unpleasant why not remove yourself?

12. I think someone needs to look at their finances where Manly Turner has been spending money like it was his. GCAA is broke because of a $18,000 roof that was not approved by the board.

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

What got a new Roof?

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was not aware that Manly Turner had anything to do with GCAA - guess i am out of the loop.

15. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Very nice Anon...how about have the balls to step up and say who you really are, and not hide behind a fake name.

16. Maybe I don't have any balls....But is that the best thing you can come up with especially since you are on the board of directors?

I think that an outside audit would uncover a lot of things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  17. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

How does Jenn looking for a softball team turn into this. I keep saying it and nobody listens to me.

Keep the peace regulars! If you dont feed them, they go away.....

18. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

Perhaps it would but if you are going to come on a public forum, hide behind a fake name and make comments like that, at least stand up and be willing to say who you are. If you are going to call someone out then you should be able to be called out yourself.

19. I'm not the one who is going to have to explain my actions when they come become public. BTW, why do you want to know who I am so bad? It doesn't change the truth now does it?

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Hiding behind a fake name doesn't lend a lot of credibility to a person's claims.