Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by stillbroke, Jun 25, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

The Draft house is not all that great, but it does rank GREATNESS over all that crapola up the road....all that fast food-BLECK!!

The Draft House is a 'great' place in our area to sit down have a few beers, watch a football game get a decent burger, without having to 'drive around please'....even if they do charge extra for ice and ranch on the side.....

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I personally like the draft house. I've never had a bad experience in there. The wait staff is always very friendly!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Exactly! We go at least twice a month.....and we love it! I go to the Village Draft House at Cameron Village for lunch during the week.....both always good!

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

LMAO

They charged you 50 cents for ice? Are you kidding me?

That beats my ranch dressing story anyday!

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Last time I was there, didn't get charged for anything "extra"....

Frogger

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know, i don't believe they have ever charged me for extras and i do know their mixed drink prices are lower than anyone else's around here and i have never seen a charge on my bill for ice:lol:

7. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

The bowl of chili is AWESOME...and the beer.

The beer rocks.

Boo

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what you drink, because ODS was cheaper on the stuff I drink than CDH when ODS was still open.

9. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems at the draft house. It's a great place to go for lunch! They do charge extra sometimes for dressings or extra cheese on your salads.

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Active Member

I have been there a few times and while Ihave had good service the food has been marginal at best.Someone needs to teach them how to make chili and slaw and they need to have better quality french fries.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah Jen you are right, i wasn't referring to ODS since they are no longer open unfortunately. The only honest complaint i have ever had about CDH is that while the lunch staff is awesome and their service is great, once they end their shift, the evening service lately has been suffering since they lost some of their regular wait staff that took such great care of people. So sad to actually say this since i love the management and the day staff but the night shift needs to learn quite a bit about customer service and i honestly think the tip sharing thing has a lot to do with their attitudes, hopefully after the newbies are trained it will get back to the great service at night that we have all grown to love and appreciate.

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I love the new outdoor patio they put in. It's especially nice in the evening once it cools down. And my vote is for the Blackened Chicken Quesadilla--it's wonderful!

13. Trustme

Trustme Member

Just so ya know....

Unfortunately, the Point of Sale system we have (Micros) is setup so that it shows a charge for ice if you get a shot on the rocks. When you order a shot straight up, it comes in a shot glass with one shot of liquor. When you order a shot on the rocks, it is served in a rocks glass. When we pour one shot in the rocks glass with ice, it does not fill the glass....So we actually pour 1 1/2 shots when you get ice. Thus the extra charge for "ice" when actually it is for additional liquor. Hope that makes sense to all.

Thanks for all the feedback..good and bad. We are always trying to make things better and know we are not perfect. We always encourage anyone to talk to one of our managers if they have any issues with the food or service.

Thanks again for everyone's patronage and comments! Keep them coming.

14. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

My husband and I went to the Draft House for the first time on Sunday. I must say they have awesome onion rings! The burger was good too ;)

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I love your avatar...it has been sooo long since I had a Krystal Burger!

16. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Hope they have changed the onion rings then since the last time I had them. I generally like everything I've tried at the CDH, but the onion rings have been bland every time I've tried them. Wish they had some of the kick that the OUTBACK's blooming onion does.

Other than that, no complaints from me!!

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We tried the pickle chips last night....too salty! BUT you so get a HUGE portion even in the small! My meatloaf sammie was a sgood as always....unfortunately the young girl who sat us was a bitty!

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Well-Known Member

I love their ribs! Very tasty.

-Sprocket

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Trustme - you know i love you guys and i did let you know about our last problem and i trust it was taken care of - gotta love an owner and manager who puts himself out there to solve the customer's problems:-D