Anyone know what happened?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by zookeeper, Jul 6, 2007.

1. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened yesterday afternoon on HWY 210 right down from Reedy Creek Gas/Groc BP?

There was an ambulance, a few sheriffs cars and a ton of private vehicles parked in the driveway and up and down 210 yesterday around 1:30pm. At 4:15 there were still a good 10 vehicles there, including 2 sheriffs vehicles.

Didn't hear anything on the news.

2. zookeeper

Sadly, what happened was a boy about 16 or 17 years of age committed suicide :-(

3. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

That is so sad!!

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That is just horrible. :-(

5. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what his name was? I bet he was a West Johnston student...

My thoughts go out to his family...

Boo

6. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

OMG! Keep us informed please zookeeper, My daughter is that age, most likely someone she knows. Horrible for the family, more prayers to say today.

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  8. jtmelek

jtmelek Active Member

That's him. Tyler Ryals.
    He was a West Johnston rising senior. The principal has said that there are counselors available at the school for students who need to seek their help.

9. zookeeper

Yes, it appears his name was Tyler Ryals, I pass by his house several times a day. I saw two dogs playing in his yard this morning and couldn't help but wonder how they must miss him. He and his family have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard what happened. It will be a long time before I pass that house and not think of Tyler - someone I've never met.

10. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

Which house? I use to live over that way.

11. zookeeper

Next to Cedar Cove subdivision the only home between it and Reddy Creek BP Same side of HWY 210

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

How Horrible! My daughter does know him, they are the same age. She is still asleep, I will probably tell her when I get home from work. Thank you for the information. Too many kids at WJHS dying. There has been at least one every summer. So sad!

13. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

That is so sad.

14. Holly Wood

Holly Wood Well-Known Member

So terribly sad...my heart goes out to him and his family.

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I looked him up in one of my oldest son's yearbooks, when Tyler was a freshman. Nice looking kid. It is so sad that, at 17 years old, he thought whatever problems he had weren't "fixable." My heart hurts for his family. :-(

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

What a tragedy. I can't imagine how his parents must feel. I just can't imagine what could be so horrible at that age to make you take your own life. God Bless his family and friends and the WJHS family.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cry:

I just feel so bad for his family. Don't know them at all, but that breaks my heart. Thoughts and prayers.......................

18. mom2two

That's my old sub division. Must be tan double wide with pool. So sad. Prayers go out.

19. mom2two

Maybe not. That's the only house I remember between the enterance and the store.

20. zookeeper

That's it.