Been to Lake Waldo's Beach?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Jul 7, 2007.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  2. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Fantasy Lake but have never been. We're giving it a try this week.

3. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

They both look great. We will be trying at least one of them out soon. Let me know if you try them first.

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing

I have never heard of these places, let us know about them cause even though we are members of Victoria's Pond this would be a good nice day trip that isnt' far away..and the price beats the park in Greensboro..yeah I know it's not the same but a 7 yr old might not care.
    Sheri

5. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

We are members of Victoria Pond too...hmmmm...we might know each other!!

I hope to make a trip to one of these very soon!!! Maybe we can make it a 4042 outing for those with kids...or without!!

6. boo_radley21

boo_radley21 Well-Known Member

Give us all a report when you get back. For those of us with children, it would be great to have another place to take them during the summer...

Have fun!
    Boo

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Well I'm there every time I'm off of work, and my daughter is there most afternoons with my parents when they have her. We sure get our moneys worth. We will be there this afternoon as well...so I'm sure we have seen each other lol. My daughters name is Amber, so if you here the chubby lady yelling Amber it's time to go 10 times in a row then that is me lol.
    Sheri

8. Sprocket

Sprocket Well-Known Member

Thank you for the links...I am going to check these places out!

-Sprocket

9. Jocomom

A group of us went to Fantasy Lake yesterday for the first time. The kids, ranging in ages from 8 thru 21 (no need to mention my age) had a great time. We got there about 10:15 and stayed until around 6pm! Packed a couple of coolers, one bursting with food, the other drinks. Got two picnic tables with umbrellas. There are also large picnic areas under the trees, a great place to hold a large gathering, plenty of space for all, (w/ grills, I believe) but the tables we had provided a great view of all the activities. The beach was clean, restrooms okay, the water, well, it's a lake so i really don't know how clean it truly was, but seemed good. Nice sandy bottom. Plenty of lifeguards. There were no crowds at all, the employees stated that is usual for a Monday. I went online and googled Fantasy Lake Waterpark Coupons and found one for $1 off each ticket. So it only cost us $11 per ticket for the "adults" and the two little ones were $7 using the coupons. The older "kids" are planning on going again with a large group of friends and making a "party" out of the day. Personally, IMO, it is a very reasonable and fun day trip. Great for all ages. Took us about 50 minutes to get there. We will be returning for at least one more day this summer.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

what's the deal with Tucker Lake? its only 20 minutes away.....I go by there every weekend on the way to the beach...just wondering since no one mentioned it...is it yucky?

11. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Little Mexico.

12. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Been to Fantasy Lake. We really didn't care for it.

13. Jocomom

A group of us went to Fantasy Lake yesterday for the first time. The kids, ranging in ages from 8 thru 21 (no need to mention my age) had a great time. We got there about 10:15 and stayed until around 6pm! Packed a couple of coolers, one bursting with food, the other drinks. Got two picnic tables with umbrellas. There are also large picnic areas under the trees, a great place to hold a large group gathering, plenty of space for all, (w/ grills, I believe) but the tables we had provided a great view of all the activities. The beach was clean, restrooms okay, the water, well, it's a lake so i really don't know how clean it truly was, but seemed good. Nice sandy bottom. Plenty of lifeguards. There were no crowds at all, the employees stated that is usual for a Monday. I went online and googled Fantasy Lake Waterpark Coupons and found one for $1 off each ticket. So it only cost us $11 per ticket for the "adults" and the two little ones were $7 using the coupons. The older "kids" are planning on going again with a large group of friends and making a "party" out of the day. Personally, IMO, it is a very reasonable and fun day trip. Great for all ages. Took us about 50 minutes to get there. We will be returning for at least one more day this summer.

14. Jocomom

so sorry for the duplicate post, didn't think it went through. :oops:

15. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take my dog there for a swim. that place is nasty and the people that go there are the same.

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

One reason I was curious about Waldo's Beach is because their lazy river and slide are in a pool area. At least a pool has to be treated with chemicals vs. a lake with who knows what in it.

17. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Yes it is! use to be ok a long time ago but its crap now.If you speak English you will not fit in.I went when I was a little girl not sure who owns it but think they need to better manage and take care of their property . Its like Little Mexico there and drinking drugging just not a safe place to go.

18. ShrtnSwt

On the way to Fayetteville before 95 on 40 there is a lake and a bunch of campers on the left. Does anyone know the name? I looked it up when we got home but I forgot the name. :(

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that's what I figured....
    :?

20. ShrtnSwt

aha found it. Lazy Acres!