Golf carts on streets?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Holly Wood, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Holly Wood

Holly Wood Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone knows what the rules are for driving golf carts on state-maintained streets. Generally I wouldn't care, but we have a couple in our subdivision letting their kids/young teens drive all over the neighborhood, not only during the day but at 10 and 11 at night. They are usually carryng younger children on the seat at the back. There are no headlights/safety lights on the cart, and I'd hate to see the kids get hurt.

2. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

I'll bet you live in Southills. That is driving me crazy. The younger kids on the back are in serious danger because the drive is NOT driving carefully. I was thrown from a golf cart when I was 10 and trust me it was not pretty.

3. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

We have a group of these in South Plantation as well.

4. ws

ws Well-Known Member

as long as they get out of my way when i drive my car through there i could car less.

5. Grammie

Grammie Guest

There is a really sharp turn in South Plantation, the kids are riding that sharp turn on their golf cart. If a car ever comes around there to fast and on the wrong side of the road God help the kids. They are way to young to drive that thing. If anything happens they have no protection at all. I swear some parents have no sense at all about some things.

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I know in Benson you have to have Head lights, tags, brake lights, & turn lights. But I don't know about in a subdivision. I would think they had to have license too. Just call the HP or Johnston Counties finest.

7. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Some people worry way too much. Try and get some rest.

8. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

got one in a Autumn woods sub too, but they are pretty good about moving out of the way when your coming down the road..good kids and they don't do supid things on it either. I wouldn't worry so much about them, what about the ones that are on go carts and other motor toys like them..I have more problems getting around them.

9. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

Got a couple in P. Woods also. The kids seem nice enough and move out of the way of cars. But the bumming up and down the road past 9pm is a little much.

10. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thats what I was thinking, we have a golf cart, with lights, mirrors etc. and love riding around the neighborhoods and we are teaching our son how to drive it as well.

11. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Another vote here.

It just isnt a Big deal. Like taw said, go get some rest.