Can anyone give any feedback on the following Daycares?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KB2, Aug 16, 2007.

1. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

I'm going to interview eight daycares. I know it is a long list but if anyone can provide any feedback on some of them I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you!!

CENTERS

LITTLE STEPPING STONES II
    10955 CLEVELAND RD
    GARNER, NC 27529

WEE SCHOOL CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER AT CLEVELAND
    3250 N SHILOH RD
    GARNER, NC 27529

LIPSCOMB'S DAY CARE AND KINDERGARTEN II
    446 EAST SECOND STREET
    CLAYTON, NC 27520

LITTLE LEARNERS CHILD CARE & DEVELOPMENT CTR.
    6199 LITTLE CREEK CHURCH RD
    CLAYTON, NC 27520

THE GROWING CHILD
    504 GATEWAY DR
    CLAYTON, NC 27520

IN-HOME

BUILDING BLOCKS FAMILY DAY CARE (Mellissa)
    208 COBBLESTONE COURT
    CLAYTON, NC 27520

BABIES HEAVEN (Gwen)
    101 ATKINSON FARM CIRCLE
    GARNER, NC 27529

CHILDREN OF GOD CHRISTIAN HOME DAY CARE (Iris)
    743 EAST KERI DRIVE
    GARNER, NC 27529

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

i just pm'd you!

3. Tonja

Tonja Well-Known Member

Little Stepping Stones is the best. Ms. Tina that runs the place is a very nice and caring person. The only teacher that we know is Ms. Angie but I believe she is out on maternity leave. We had Ms. Tina and Ms. Angie at the first Second Step location.

4. jennylee

jennylee Guest

My daughter is 2 1/2 and goes to Little Stepping Stones II and she loves it. I highly recommend them.

5. samsaunt

samsaunt Member

I agree with Little Sepping Stone II. My 2 year old had been going for a year and absolutely loves it! She has also learned a lot too. Her teacher, Miss Tam, is wonderful with the kids! All the staff have been wonderful to us.

6. jennylee

jennylee Guest

My daughter also has Ms. Tam and i second that she is wonderful with the kids!

7. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Another Little Stepping Stones II fan here! They are wonderful. My son has some special needs and they go above and beyond.

8. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Another place to consider

Building Blocks Child Care & Development Center
    2029 Winston Road
    Clayton, NC 27520
    Phone: (919) 553-1030
    Fax: (919) 553-1654

http://www.bbchildcare.net/index.html

I have heard good things about this place.

9. aydansnana

aydansnana Well-Known Member

10. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Of course Stepping Stones that everyone is reccomending, has no openings for a 22 mos. :-( :x
    Thought I had called them before and they did, but I called again today and they said no. I'll still check them out and possibly go on a wait list.

I had also called the Building Blocks Child Developement Center that CeCe suggested and they have no openings either. :-(

All of the others do, so hopefully someone will know something about one of them.

Thanks!

11. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Little Stepping Stones II is GREAT! Trust me, we've had our share of horrible daycare experiences. My son LOVES it there, he's had teachers in the 2-3 and both 4 year old classes. Loved them all.
    K

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

You should have made your visits unannounced so you can see what a typical day is like. There are people from several of those centers who participate in this discussion group.

13. Tonja

Tonja Well-Known Member

You may want to think twice about The Growing Child. A while back there was an incident with a child that was feed from a broken jar of baby food. I do not remember all the facts, just remember thinking that it was disturbing. I always have requested reports from the state on all the childcare facilities that we have considered. We have had some bad experiences when my daughter was small. I even follow-up ever so often and check out her current before and after. You can never be too careful. Always request everything in the centers folder, including the criminal background checks and education. Just to make sure that a background check was done on the teachers. You also have to take in account change of personnel from the past reports. They are very helpful.

14. wsresident

wsresident Well-Known Member

My child is now enrolled at Little Stepping Stones, and we love it. He really likes his teachers, they keep the center very clean and is learning new things everyday.

Another center you had listed, Wee School on N. Shiloh, our child attended just prior to the name changing under new ownership. We got fed up with the lack of supervision in the class, the REALLY small class rooms for the 1-2 and 2-3 year olds, and the constant change in workers. I cannot speak to what changes were made with the new owner, but I was told the workers did not change when the new owner took over.

Good luck with that one.

15. wsresident

wsresident Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention, there is another center that recently opened in the last few months off Old Drug Store Rd. I think it is called Cleveland Child Development Center? It's close to Adam's Point subdivision. The owner used to be the childhood/parent teacher at South Johnston High School. We considered it but their opening was delayed almost a year from what they told me over the phone.

The only tidbit I can give you is the center is brand new, it's in a convenient location (close to 40/42), and the owner did say they would be bringing in christian values to the daily activities of the children (praying over each meal, etc...).

16. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have used (for a short period of time) Little Learners before Kids R Kids opened and I would NOT use them again or recommend them. I have no experience with any of the others you mentioned but we love Kids R Kids. Good luck with your decision.

17. ws

ws Well-Known Member

had my daughter in the little stepping stones ( the first one off of 42 ) and they missed medication times, could not fill out the medicine slips properly and i had to supply food if my daughter could not eat what they were preparing. for the kind of money daycare costs these days they should prepare 2 menus. dont know anything about the second LSS, but i was not willing to gamble. my daughter is at kids r kids and comes home much happier now.

18. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I know this was mentioned before but there is a new daycare that opened a while back behind Mcdonalds off exit 319 and 40. I can't think of the name for the life of me. Does anyone know :)

19. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Well-Known Member

Crossroads Academy is behind the McDonald's on Hwy 210. The number is 934-1430. Karen the owner is very nice. I have known her for several years.

20. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

THATS IT....I had a brain freeze :)

Thanks