Hey Geekgirlie

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MommySAIDno, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Why the Krystal Avatar?
    I do love a Krystal burger.

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

OMG me too....yummy!

3. MommySAIDno

I MISS Krystal burgers. Grew up in GA and had them all the time. Now, I only get them when I go to visit relatives :(

My very first date with hubby was at a Krystal. Yeah, I know, cheap date :) But I was only 16 and he was 17.

4. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

My real name is Krystal. I see so few things with my name on it, I snag 'em when I do :lol:

I've lived in NC all my life and have never had a Krystal burger. :oops: Though I do love the (frozen) White Castle ones.

5. MommySAIDno

OH!, OHHHHHHhhhhhhh! Your POOR, deprived girl. You feelin the sadness too SoBorn?? Krystal burgers are awesome. You can be proud to have their logo as your avatar. :)

I thought for sure you were gonna tell me you were from GA or TN or something. Well, next time you travel and see a Krystal, you MUST stop and get a dozen of them. Like the chips, "You can't eat just one."

6. MommySAIDno

Okay! SO WHO has had BOTH a real Krystal burger and the White Castle burgers and can compare?

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Nothing beats Char-Grill on a Saturday night, mid January, about 11:30pm.

And you have to stand outside and wait. None of this pansy "sit in my car" type stuff.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, DH has eaten them, especially when he was in the AF while we were in IL, those and the White Castles, but he called them "sliders". Not sure who coined that phrase though, LOL. I've never actually eaten one. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
  9. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is still there or not but there used to be a Krystal Burger located in Goldsboro. Was great "cheap" eating though I'm not sure you would call buying a sack of them to munch on cheap. There is also one located down towards the Southern Pines area....assuming it's still open as well.

Craig

11. MommySAIDno

Does he like one better than the other??? Which one? Why?

12. le

le Well-Known Member

Anyone that has ever eaten one (or four cuz ya can't eat just one) with a side of onion chips!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ew! :lol: He used to work third shift some and they would get them then, since they were all lowly airmen and pinching pennies. I don't know which one he liked better to be honest. I never would try them, the smell did me in...........................:lol:

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

There are currently no Krystal Burgers in NC. According to their website one is under construction in Asheville. When we go to GA and Alabama to visit my DH family we always eat there a couple times! LOVE THEM!!

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Never heard of Krystal Burgers ... but grew up with White Castles, in Missouri. At college (Mizzou: Univ Mo - Columbia) we used to drive an hour to go to White Castles for a bag of belly bombers ... havent tried the frozen ones.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I've had both. Krystal burgers are great, and so are White Castle. It's really hard to tell. WC seem to be a bit more toasted than K though...

Man, I'm getting hungry.

17. MommySAIDno

ummmm...yes....what?

18. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grinder [​IMG]
    Nothing beats Char-Grill on a Saturday night, mid January, about 11:30pm.

And you have to stand outside and wait. None of this pansy "sit in my car" type stuff.

With the milk shake so thick using the straw will give you an aneurysm!!!

19. MommySAIDno

Oh, I was hoping you meant you'd had both burgers and could compare them. :?