JoCo Mandatory Water Conservation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

We have 9 in our family & the bill from Aqua NC runs around $54 every month. I can't remember the usage. Have to check but thought it was around 11000 gallons. Like I said though, I'd ahve to look that one up.--could be totally off on that #. We typically do 4 loads of dishes(very energy efficient dishwasher) and 5 to 6 loads of laundry(front-end loader & very efficient) a day. All toilets were changed out to efficient models. Anything you can do to save water in this house, we try. With 7 kids, you have to try to conserve no matter what or the bill will kill you. Same w/ electricity.

Can't wait to hear what others bills run. Our friends in Hillsborough have a $400 a month water bill!!! And it is just a husband and wife living there!

BTW Clif, thanks for the explanations. Learn something new here everyday--LOL.

Have a great week.

take care,

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Really? I never thought about this but will do some research when I can. It is hard for me to believe that we have the same amount of water on our planet that was here a million years ago. What do you mean by "permanent resource"? I am going to have my daughter research this and discuss this in class.

See boys, these type of discussions/debates do help people. Maybe my daughter and I will learn something. She has helped with research on topics we have debated in the past and she enjoyed it. At the time she said it was a bother but later in the day she stated that she actually learned something and was going to bring it up to her teacher.

Don't discount a topic.

Oh, I have not watered our lawn all summer as I was mad about having to pay a hookup fee to the Town of Clayton and then the drought came and I just said no. Although my family states that we paid good money for our landscaping, eating and drinking are vital to me.

Grace

3. Clif

Clif Guest

Well, give or take a bit, as devilock76 and I almost discussed.

Permanent, as in it is here to stay (as permanent as anything can get). It may be in the air as water vapour, or in the oceans as seas, or in the ice caps as, well, ice. Most is non-potable in it's natural state (ie: salt water), but man has the technology to remove all impurities and make it potable.

4. Grace Slick

Very interesting. Let me ponder this one and my daughter and I will look into it as well. I think this is a very interesting topic. I don't know much about our water supply so this should be fun. I might call my dad to help as he is really into all of this. I think his TV is either on the Discovery Channel or is on a channel with BAMA football.

Will get back to you on this one.

Grace

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just remember it is all star stuff!

By going to McDonald's not only am I loading up on useless Monopoly game pieces I am doing my own to help retain water on the planet Earth!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  6. Grace Slick

Clif and Hught,
    Thanks so much for all of the information. It was very interesting. I have a link that my daughter and I found that explains it simply. Once again thanks. We love to learn.

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/mearth.html

Grace

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Family of 4 here and ours runs between $27.00 - $35.00 a month from Johnston County utilities.

8. etadams

etadams Active Member

If you must wash your car. Just use Windex. If you must water your grass, paint it green. If you must wash your clothes. Where them twice. Underwear included. Put a 2liter soda bottle filled with water in your toilet tank to conserve on every flush. Let yellow simmer a little. Brown is up to you. And Please shower!! Or at least take a military shower. Cut on, rinse, cut off. Wash, cut on, rinse. It is simple to save.

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

We just got our water bill from Aqua NC. We (3 of us) used 3300 gal from Sept 18-Oct 18. how does that compare to other people???

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member