Any one up for a new Town at 42 & 70?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by etadams, Oct 12, 2007.

1. etadams

etadams Active Member

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I bet that's where Harris Teeter will be.

Oh and Six Flags :p

3. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Clayton News Star had a diagram of the whole area. We'll have more restaurants, hotels, offices housing, medical facilities and more traffic. Earlier this year, I read in the Smithfield paper that Johnston County School system had purchased land in that area too but I could not find the proposed school in the diagram. We'll need one if all that housing goes in there.

4. le

le Well-Known Member

“We are going to be shapers,” Elam said. “We are going to shape this development into a community that is unlike anything we have done before.”

I hope they do.

"...Pedestrians can truly navigate this whole area without ever getting in a car, if they so choose.”

Once Walmart goes in and turns 42 into a parking lot, what other option will they have?

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

I heard Elam's presentation twice. They used "Harris Teeter, Target and Best Buy." for footprints only in developing the proposed concept. He said it could be a "Lowes Foods, Super K-Mart, and Circuit City". His group has no idea what specific merchants will eventually locate in the new hospital area. He is using footprints of companies that could support the needs of employees in the hospital and medical offices that are expected to be in this area.

6. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

:)

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I just wonder whether our property will become more valuable or more slum-like. :?

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Let me know so I know whether to move back or not :shock: ;)

9. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

I had a freind tell me when I first moved out here years ago that Clayton was going to be the next Cary... here we go, I guess.

10. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I had a real estate agent tell me CLAYTON stood for "Cary Like Area Yankees Trying Out Now".

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Opportunity for incorporation dwindling, annexation increasing

Folks,

that Extra Territorial Districting from Clayton to 42/70 is the camel getting its nose under our tent. And, if we don't act soon, we'll all have Clayton addresses and taxes.

Are we gonna do anything other than watch it happen and bemoan it when we have no opportunity to prevent it?

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Cary=Containment Area Relocated Yankees.

Clayton=Cary like area Yankees taking over now.

That is the way I have always heard it.

Craig

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How do we start the process??? Obviously our local Chamber is not going to do anything after their last effort got thrown in their faces so if you know of anyway to get the ball rolling, please let me know and i will do anything in my power to help.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I had heard since I moved here 10 years ago, that CLAYTON stood for "Cary Like Area, Yankee's Taking Over Now".

15. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Hate to **** everyone else off but good luck trying to stop it because all the town and county see is $$$ and everybody knows how Johnston County if it brings in the bucks is about 95% chance its going to go through

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

You will have to hire a lawyer first, they will help start the process, then you will need to get a proposed area, town council, services the area will provide and you will need a certain percentage of voters in that proposed area to agree to becoming a town.. you will also need sponsorship from a congressman? i think...

Good Luck, I think to start the process is about 20 grand...

17. LaDeeGC

LaDeeGC Member

Lowes foods

Anyone know when the new Lowes Foods at 50 and 42 is suppose to open? And what else is suppose to be going in over there. I hear a Pizza place.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  19. etadams

etadams Active Member

That is a pretty good one. Is this the area with the 99 acreas that has posted under contract? If it is, what a mess this is gonna be. Mabey theyll widen 42 from 40 to 70.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yes... that 99 acres is under contract with Johnston Memorial Hospital for their new facility. At a town meeting that we attended (because our property backs up to those fields) they said and showed in their drawings of the plans that they would be leaving the pond, and the existing tree line at the back of the property. It's a pretty steep drop off at the back of the field anyway.. so I'm hoping for years to come that will remain a suitable buffer to the noise and lights. Though in the winter months, it definitely will be seen and heard from my back deck with the bare trees. I think I also recall that they would be requesting a turning lane, and a stop light on 42 at the entrance to the facility.