TOYS FOR TOTS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by clive, Nov 15, 2007.

1. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that if you want to donate new and unwrapped toys for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots drive this year you can bring them by my place of business. I'm the manager at Cleveland Road Super Storage and I think we are the only collection point in this area. We are located near the intersection of Cleveland Rd.(Hwy1010) and Shiloh Rd. which is about 1.5 miles south of Hwy42. (You'll see the red LED road sign.) Our hours are M-F 9 to 6, Sat 8:30 to 5, and Sunday 1 to 5. Please spread the word so we can help some kids have a happier holiday.:mrgreen::mrgreen: Thanks in advance, Mark B.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

GOOD thread....and good for your business supporting this.

We took a trashbag full of stuff to the State game this past weekend, as they collected there.

I think its the easiest, best way to give a little something, when alot of folks only have a little to give.

3. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Thanks KB.:mrgreen: I also wanted to bring this back to the top before it gets lost in the shuffle. Many may not have seen it yet since it dropped down so quickly.

4. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Before anyone hands toys over to Clive...make sure his company is legit and not just keeping toys for his family.........JUST JOKING :)

5. KellBell

you betcha!! I headed up, for many years, Toys for Tots at my workplace! I loved delivering them to the Marines too. Sucha good cause.

6. clive

clive Well-Known Member

HA. HA :lol::lol: You so funny!:p Come on by and say hi. I'm here till 6 but usually outta here earlier on Fridays. I let my assistant manager take care of the weekends........and I should probably add that that's by her request........to which I did not argue.:mrgreen:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll be down on Monday, so I'll come by and say hey!

I usually introduce myself as Harleygirl! :mrgreen:

8. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the neighborhood, Clive! It's good to see that your new business is at our area. I deliver mails not too far from you. I'll keep that in mind about toy donations. Thanks for sharing news with us here!

9. clive

clive Well-Known Member

THANKS!!:-D:-D

10. Hey clive if you dont mind could you send me the contact you have for the Toys for Tots program. We are going to do a fundraiser here along with one of our food distributors and we chose to do the T for T being that it was this time of year again. Thanks

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The bars could get together and do this. The Last Resort, Heidi's 2 wheel cafe, Betty's Bar and any others who want to help.

12. KellBell

anyone can do it. Just call the local Marines phone #, its in the book, and is located on Western Blvd. in Raleigh. They do have a bit of criteria and rules as to what can be collected, what's needed, ages etc. They will tell you that when you call. They will also give you the deadline for drop-off, which is on Western Blvd, across from NC State's Campus. I always volunteered to be the one to go to all the 'sites' for pick up of the toys, by deadline, so I could take it to the drop off....its UNBELIEVABLE to see them in action, and all they do and all they get. Warm fuzzies like no other.:-D

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

When I was in the Army, I volunteered to wrap gifts. It was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. You went and picked out a card and it had the ages of the children and their first choice for a gift. You got to walk around the warehouse where all the donated toys were and pick out 3 gifts per child. Man it was just like being Santa himself. I had such a great time. I wish I could find something like that to do again.

14. Thanks for the info guys. HG your right we should all get together and maybe have a friendly competition between the bars to raise some money for a good cause.

LJK it does make you feel good when you get to help out and see the result of your giving. One of the best times was If you remember when Jeff and I took those two truck loads of food down south with G105 after Katrina. I think those people thought we were Santa and it sure was nice to help out.:)

15. clive

clive Well-Known Member

I contacted 1stSgt David Crafton at the Marine Reserve Center in Raleigh. His number is 834-1968 x.21. It's great to see some more interest. Thanks everyone!! Spread the word.:-D

16. mslusk

mslusk Well-Known Member

Bumping up :)

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey Clive, I might stop in to see you this week.

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Clive, you gonna be around today?

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not to take anything away from the OP, but there is also a Toys For Tots drop off box inside of the Coldwell Banker Advantage office in Clayton. Behind Starbucks and across from the Clayton Walmart on Hwy 70.

Thanks

20. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Dont forget that here at 4042 we have adopted 3 families to give toys to also. We are going to be posting the information soon.