Kaze Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by twisty, Apr 20, 2007.

1. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

I haven't been over to White Oak in a few weeks to check for myself. Does anybody know if Kaze has opened or is nearing an opening date?

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

no they havent opened up yet and there isnt a date set so far, it looks like they have just started to get some of the inside ready but not much from what i can see from the window.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope.. havent heard anything and haven't seen anymore work orders come across my desk for them. We must've shipped everything they needed for the time being, and its just a matter of their contractors getting stuff up now.

On another note... I have heard there is a great new sushi restaurant out in Wake Forest @ Wakefield called Mizu. They have a sushi-train, it's a real little train and as it goes around the track you pick the plates you would like off the little flat-bed cars. The plates are color-coded for price, a friend from work went and said it was really really good!

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Kaze like Kanki?

My son's bday is next week (8th) and he wants to go to Kanki at Crabtree and then go shopping. Since it's the weekend of Christmas we'd really rather not be at Crabtree if we can help it, so we were thinking of trying out Kaze. Before we go though, I want to make sure it is the same thing as Kanki, has the same menu and atmosphere? He really likes the "show" more than the food, but loves the rice and clear soup!

5. le

le Well-Known Member

Same deal/show. Good food. Service can be a bit slow.

6. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

Kobe is in Clayton, over across from the Wal-Mart. We like it the best of all the Japanese joints.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kobe is pretty neat, same show, same food, about the same price, but no fighting mall traffic to get there.

8. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I agree with Jen and newlife: Kobe in Clayton has good food, a good show and produces MUCH less stress than you would experience parking at Crabtree the week of Christmas. The Ginger salad dressing is wonderful. I have been known to stop and buy a container every once in a while even when we are not eating there.

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I just noticed Kobe the first time this week across from Walmart. Are they usually busy? I'm more concerned with just making sure they have the same food as Kanki, I'd hate for him to be disappointed and then wished we had just gone to Kanki, but if I can avoid the mall that evening, I'll be a happy mom!

10. JenniferK

What does he eat at Kanki?

It's all just vegetables, rice and meat, right?

They have the special sauces, the salads and the soups.

I'm not sure what else you'd be looking for...

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

He likes the rice, soup (it's just broth basically) and chicken I think. So I'm assuming they have that. And Kobe does the whole throwing food in the air thing? Like I said before, he likes that more than the food!

12. JenniferK

Yes, tables that you share with people you don't know...the whole deal. It's just like Khanki

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Cool, maybe we'll try that then, that would be even better, since so many on here seem to like it!

14. JenniferK

It's really neat. We went and had a good time, and I could not tell a difference in the food.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

After eating at Kaze Sunday I also would recommend Kobe.

16. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Good to know - thanks Hught. :)

17. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

Kaze is open. They have been open for a few weeks. I thought it was pretty good.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got Kobe as take out one night this week, it was disappointing. Not up to their ususal standards. We've had Kaze once a few weeks ago, it was just OK. Actually, the last time I had Bonsai's, it was the best of the 3. :shock:

19. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I really liked Bonsai's. If you want food, go there. If you want entertainment, go somewhere else.

20. rrgreennc

rrgreennc Well-Known Member

We went to Bonsai a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. I remember reading a post on here quite a while back that their food was quite good and you didn't pay the extra for the cooking show that you get at Kobe and the like.

We were quite happy with the meal. Food was really good, portions were good, service was satisfactory. At the time, they were doing $1 off the basic entrees and $2 off the combinations. Waiter said this deal was available any time of day, but he didn't know how long they would continue. They had one large group and maybe 3 small tables occupied - not too busy for Sunday lunch.