who knows a GOOD mechanic?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ws, Dec 19, 2007.

1. ws

ws Well-Known Member

definition of a good mechanic : someone who you would let fix your s/o car and then feel comfortable with said s/o driving it from the repair shop across country with no cell phone.

i am needing some major engine work on my chrysler. i have been quoted almost 2k from the chrysler dealers

any help?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

I had to agree with Hught - Quality Auto Services is the BEST!

4. ws

ws Well-Known Member

and this place fits my definition of a good mechanic? if so i will call them tomorrow and see what they have to offer.

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

To answer your original question --
    Yes, I know one. All I have to do to get good service for my van is sleep with him. ;)

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

From a mechanics point of view I think they will, can I guarantee a cross country trip? No, I couldn't do that with a vehicle that just came off the assembly line.

7. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I think someone had mentioned a place at Coats Crossroads a while back. I hope someone will post the info again.

8. ws

ws Well-Known Member

i could do the work, but with this being my daily driver i want the work done by someone who knows more about cars. could you sleep with him 2 times in 1 night and tell him he needs to fix a chrysler when he wakes up?

9. ws

ws Well-Known Member

the cross country line was just a figure of speech, i am wanting someone who knows what they are doing and are willing to stand behind their work. not some jackleg shadtree person with a couple wrenches and a roll of duct tape

10. NanaPam

NanaPam Active Member

Byrd's Automotive on Old Garner Road. He is honest, does what he says he will do. Have going to him for years and trust him. His name is Jim Byrd.:)

11. ready2cmyKing

:lol::lol:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

\
    Does he know anything about VWs, i swear mine is possesed, the engine light keeps coming on, staying on for about a week or so and then going off and staying off for a week or so:?

Maybe you could sleep with him a few times and ask:lol:

13. ready2cmyKing

Hmmmm, I sleep with him every night so I don't have to even ask for service for my van. ;);)

Sorry Kaci, he's a GM mechanic... but he's a darn good one! :mrgreen:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:cry::cry::cry: but lucky for you:-D

15. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Evans Tire in Smithfield, been with them 14yrs and they have have always been upfront and honest. 934-6133

16. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Clayton Tire and Muffler, [SIZE=-1]9641 Us Hwy 70 W., Clayton, NC, 27520, 919-553-8473. He has a place both in Clayton and Smithfield and the owner is wonderful.

Grace
    [/SIZE]

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like Clayton Tire as well, have not used them but for tires and brakes, but did a great job and quickly.

18. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Don Lee tire in raleigh...they're by wake med..they do great work and have employee's that have been with the same business for YEARS.
    K

19. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

I would trust David and Richie with anything I have. They are great mechanics and trustworthy too. The only other people that have worked on my vehicles in the last 7 years were when I was in Wilmington and the water pump gave out and the Dodge dealer replaced a catalytic converter under warranty. The truck had 65K miles when the CC went bad. I was going to let QAS replace it, but David called Dodge on my behalf to see if it was by chance still under warranty and it was. It saved me $400 and cost him $400 in lost business. That incident alone created great respect for them. Most mechanics would have done the job and took my money.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, Mr Z Auto Repair. He is in Raleigh, off of Spring Forest. You can call this man up, tell him what the car is doing and he can prety much diagnose on the phone and the quote is right on the money. He will also let you know whether an automobile is even worth fixing or not. He has been my mechanic for about 10 years now, owns his own shop does his own work, has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from State.

872-6676