42 and Cornwallis?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

There's a 'Planning Committee'? Well, it looks like whoever got there with the money first got to throw up the metal-sided buildings. Only the developers are glad for the growth because they're making money while it's to be made, before any residents get organized enough to demand some better esthetics... 40-42 kind of reminds me of those trailer parks where the trailers are all randomly set up, but the residents all have nice rides...

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Lived here all my life (40+) yrs and in this particular area about 24. I'm not terribly opposed to the growth, sure I enjoy the conveniences available now. I just wish the county would use better judgement when approving some of the housing and business developments so the area would look better, have better traffic flow, and have sufficient school space. :-(

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I think the post office has brought a lot of new traffic back there.

4. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

That's a pretty dense statement in itself. Put something back there, and I'm sure it won't be too "out of the way" for people.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This WAS the boonies...

I agree with Vita, there is a planning committee? Are they not to be confused with the cluster-f committee?

6. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I grew up in this area. Back in the 70's everyone around here referred to it as God's Country. People from Raleigh were considered foreigners and had a funny accent. New York City was just as far away from here as China. Old country stores were our primary landmarks and you couldn't go in one without running into somebody you knew. Half the roads weren't paved. In the late summer you couldn't go 5 miles without getting behind a tractor and there were old tobacco barns everywhere swarming with activity. It was Heaven on Earth and there is nowhere I would have rather been raised. The next move I make however will be far away from the 40/42 area. The traffic and the scenery is getting worse by the day.

Last week was the first time I had seen 40/42 at night since the house was torn down. It was a sick feeling. I have watched every step of growth from just the drugstore to what it is now. The planning board was as surprised as anyone else by the growth. They were caught completely off guard and have been trying to play catch-up ever since. The only people more clueless about the area was the DOT.

7. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

has anybody noticed they seem to build a walgreens wherever there is a CVS. I am surprised they are not building it across the street from the 40/42 cvs

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

See above

9. Grammie

Grammie Guest

There is a sign for it right acroos the street. Saw it the other day.

10. jfre81

jfre81 Member

So what else can they put up on 42 to make traffic worse? Wal-Mart? Oh, too late.

If I ever have to live around there again I'm bringing a jetpack.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Six Flags!

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

Do you have a spare?

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

14. KDsGrandma

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. KDsGrandma

And he thinks the reason he hasn't sold any is because people are afraid! Even at his bargain basement price of $125,000, I can't imagine who would buy one.