Fuel Injection Cleaning

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Feb 6, 2008.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

It looks like my vehicle is in need of fuel injection cleaning. Where can I take it to get taken care of? Know any good shop recommendation?

2. Grammie

Grammie Guest

How about the dealer? If not they do sell some stuf you put in your gas tank. When you fill your tank you dump this stuff in. I have used it befor and it seems to work. Needless to say it is called fuel injection cleaner, you can get it at any auto store. And it is alot cheaper than bringing it some place. Hope this helps.

3. jfre81

jfre81 Member

I bought a used Nissan Sentra in December '06 from the car lot on 42@Cornwallis. Great car, but the fuel injection was cloggy and it ran rough. A bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner with two or three full tanks of gas seemed to do the trick. First I was just running it up and down 42 locally before taking a trip to Fuquay-Varina and back and things were running smoothly. I'm glad I didn't decide not to buy it just because it ran rough on my first testdrive...

BTW, I rarely like dealing with car lots, but I like that one there on 42 (Cleveland Springs is the name?) Very nice people and I didn't get hassled at all...

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I was told to use a product called SEAFOAM. it seemed to work great on my car. Expensive but highly recommended. Beats STP.