Very SAD! Get the tissues out!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by rushlow2004, Mar 7, 2008.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I'm a big bird person, and I'm owned by 6..I would change a thing..but after watching this it just broke my heart. I think with so many working with dog's and cat's they tend to forget the birds. I just always wish I could do more. Get the tissues you will need them.

http://www.tallgrassparrot.org/imprisoned.html

Going to go hug my birds again!
    Sheri

2. Local Mom

Local Mom Member

Sad

Yes, that was sad. I love birds too. Have a blue & white parakeet like the one in the video named "Sky". I'll never forget that when I was a child around 8 I wanted a bird. My uncle built a large cage & managed to catch a wild bird. Plain old sparrow or something similiar. He put him in the cage but for hours the poor bird fought to get out eventually bloodying his beak. My heart couldn't take it and I set him free and vowed never again to trap or cage something that was meant to be free.

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Our blue and gold is a part of our family. We have had her over 16 years and couldnt imagine our life without her. (ok well when she is screaming her head off because she sees one of us outside .... I wonder what it would be like without that!) I have to tell the kids, "go around the house the other way so the bird wont see you!":lol:

I have taken in birds from horrible situations, it would break you heart. Kaci has one of my best success stories. Came with a chain and a HUGE padlock locking the door because they were terrified of him!

4. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to look.

5. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I was also afraid to look and waited all day. Finally went there and it says the video is no longer available.

On a positive note, I was listening to AM radio last night while driving, channel 680 (don't know who the host was) but the caller talked about how she had saved a bird. She and her husband had it outside on a leash and a hawk swooped down and grabbed it off her husband's head! The leash saved its life after a lot of drama. They were really happy about the bird being ok but can you imagine? What a story!

6. rushlow2004

I so know what you mean lol..
    Getting started with parrots at a rescue up in MI, really opens up your eyes.
    All my birds are flighted here. The 3 bigger ones are out everyday, my grey stays out all day. The smaller ones get time out to fly for a short time.
    Sheri

7. rushlow2004

The video is still there, cause I just went to check and I made myself watch it again.

I have heard stories like that, they tell you when you take your bird out on it's harness to be very careful for the hawks or any preditor.
    Sheri

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I just tried it again. Guess it just doesn't like me. Oh well, I got the point.