Tanning beds

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Angeleyes, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

First of all I know its bad for me. ( but isn't everything ) Any ways the one I use to go to is far away . I stopped by after work and I have a new job now and its to far away for me to drive so any suggestions for 42 area or 210 ?

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I go to Sahara Sun (at 40 /42 across from Dairy Queen on the Bojangles side). Been going there since before it was Sahara Sun. The best around. The Girl that runs it....Donna....one of the nicest people in the world. She has great packages too, and one package is for all beds, whether high pressure or standard. :lol: Tan on Sista, Tan on....

3. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I know where that is . What days is she open?

4. KellBell

everyday but Sunday's. :lol:

5. openminded

openminded Well-Known Member

Take care with tanning beds. I have a family member that was diagnosed with skin cancer on her stomach, MD feels fairly certain it came from her years of exposure in the tanning bed. Also, very close neighbor developed skin cancer from tanning beds and it progressed to breast cancer.

6. KellBell

I know. I know. I say I every year is the last year I am going to do it. :-(

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I haven't gone very much this year , and I too tell myself its bad for me but I can't help myself I wanna look pretty and tanned for the summer its vein I know but its the truth.If I could find a self tanner that actually worked and didn't look orange I would stop tanning bed visits . When I go out in shorts bathing suits exc. I don't wanna look like snow white. Laying in the sun is not a option ( not more healthy either) I don't want tan lines. Anybody use a self tan lotion or spray thats not orange looking?

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I just signed up at "A day at the Beach salon" down from Riccobene's office. Pretty good deals - 39.99 for month unlimited and 29.99 for students.

Question - I've never used the lotions before. Anyone want to share which brand they use and are they worth it?? 8)

9. KellBell

Most of the Salon ones, are good. I would get one with a bronzer too. Use lots of regular lotion when you get out of the tanning bed to keep your skin super moisturized. The more moisturized your skin is the 'tanner' it becomes.

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

well ya'll don't want to know which one i go to. lol i think i'm going back to body fit in smithfield.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have been moisturizing and thats usually all that do for tanning. Just wondered if I should try the lotions or not. I may wait a week and see how I'm doing first.

12. KellBell

I use the salon stuff w/ bronzers on my legs only.....the rest of my body tans just fine....its the legs that always seem to not tan as much....:mrgreen:

13. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind doing it this year, I haven't done it in a couple of years due to the cost of it, but with Disney coming up i would love to get some tan here lol. Has anyone used the one up here at 210? I'm much closer to that one. I tan very very easy and always have, thanks to having some of that indian blood.
    Yeah I know it's not good for me but i can't help it.
    Sheri

14. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

yep that's the one i go to.

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

What is it called?

16. rushlow2004

Well there is 3 up here, Cindy's nails?, two by food lion right?
    Sheri

Which one do you use?

I think Cindy's nails is closed anyways. Haven't seen and cars there for sometime this week.

Sheri

17. rushlow2004

why would you stop going to the one you go to?
    sheri

18. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Oh, I am not far from Cindy's nails. She did have a "for rent" sign around 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it still up.

19. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

I'm with you KellBell. I go to Sahara Sun too. And have for quite a while now myself. And love Donna as well I like someone who really cares about her customers. Yes Yes even though tanning is bad for ya. But its very relaxing lol.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  20. rushlow2004

Well I live right across from her store, and it's not up and I believe she closed that one down. I know she has another store in the new shopping center at Lowes foods.
    Sheri