are you missing a male pit bull

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by lkauppi, Mar 31, 2008.

1. lkauppi

lkauppi Active Member

If he is a silver brindle intact male, seemingly friendly...then he is in my yard. I have a Benson address, 4 miles from 50/210 going towards four oaks. He just showed up today and I feel trapped in the house. I can not get my dog inside, he is trying to keep this pit bull away from the house and they fight when I go outside to try to pen one of them up. I left message for animal control. I love dogs, but he has got to go. call my cell if you know where he might belong, 910-617-3256

2. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I see no one has responded to you and it is late (sorry I just got home). My opinion is that you and/or your dog are in a very dangerous situation. If animal control has not responded, you should call the sheriff to come immediately and capture the dog. You need to focus on your personal, and your own dog's safety.

3. lkauppi

lkauppi Active Member

pit bull at Jo. co shelter

animal control picked up pit this am. I cried, cause I know in 6 days he will likely die. I have never sent a dog to the pound and even though I knew I could not keep him, it makes me physically sick to send him away. I am going to try my best to help him find his owner or go to a rescue. Keep him in mind if you know anybody interested in him. He really was a friendly dog, just my male hated him. I have 6 horses and he never got aggressive to them and he liked being petted and tried to come in the house. He was cute looking in the door at us and wagging his tail. Thanks, Leah

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Maybe animal control will find thats he's microchipped and will be able to contact the owners. You shouldn't feel bad doing what needed to be done for the safety of your own pets and yourself.

5. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I cannot understand why people don't get their pets micro chipped - including indoor cats. It can save your pet's life!

6. Pitbull_Lover

Pitbull_Lover Member

Hopefully.....

Hopefully somebody will realize that he is missing and they will go looking for him, or call the shelters or dog pounds near by. I love pitbulls, If I would have seen him, I would probably have wanted to keep him and add him to the other 3 that I already have....LOL

7. lkauppi

lkauppi Active Member

a ray of hope for pit bull

Fugees Rescue in Raleigh is trying to help this dog. I think what they need is a foster home for him, then they could pull him from the pound. If you or anyone you know is interested please call Kim at 919-868-5704. this dog has 5 days left at shelter in Johnston County. Maybe you or whoever is interested could visit him at Jo. Co shelter. shelter is on Brightleaf blvd in Smithfield behind the old Jones Brothers store (near Walmart)