Pedicure

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Amber_Renee, Mar 5, 2008.

1. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Does anyone possibly have a number for Diva Nails or can you tell me what its close to? I go to White Oak often and can't remember seeing it anywhere. Thanks

2. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have never had a pedicure before. Too tickleish on my feet and not sure if I could stand it.

3. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

you are missing out. you should definitely get one. i'm going this weekend to get one.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

'

Diva Nails is back there with the Movie theatre, its right beside Kaze Steakhouse and Play N Trade. 662-2006

5. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much KellBell. I'm planning to try and check them out this weekend.

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

:iagree: I hesitated for years because my feet are so ticklish, but a friend of mine took me as a surprise gift once and I couldn't say no. I am totally hooked. Very relaxing and yes a little ticklish but worth it! :) Soft sexy feet!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Went last night and got a pedi - my feet look so good :mrgreen:
    Just curious, how much should you tip for things like this?

8. KellBell

I tip 20%. I am not sure what the 'norm' is or the 'scale'? I always do 20% for food, toes and hair.:mrgreen:

9. bandmom

I feel really bad...the girl checking me out kinda messed me up. I was using debit card and at most places they enter the card, then give you the slip where you can add the tip - but this wasn't like that (she entered the amount for services and gave me a printed receipt/transaction done) so I tipped with cash - but I didn't have that much on me. I just know they were probably talking about me in japanese when I left.. :oops:

10. KellBell

no, probably not. they did that to me the first time I went in there, they need to tell people to include tip, but how would you without sounding greedy, ya know? I wouldn't worry about it. I did it once, and now I know.

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Bandmom - I've noticed a lot of salons are doing that now, they probably had a tiny sign up somewhere that said to tell them first...I know how you feel though, I never have cash. In fact tomorrow I'm going to get my hair and nails done, and I'm already trying to remind myself to get some before I go so that doesn't happen to me!

And as far as how much to tip, I always wonder the same thing. If I do nails & toes I usually do $5, and I also do about $5 for hair. I hope that's not too cheap!

12. bandmom

Ok, good, then I don't feel too bad - just hope they don't like file all my toes off next time or something...:mrgreen:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If you're real pirdy I will do your nails.:hurray:

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Pedicures are AWESOME. I've run around barefoot my entire life, have feet of leather, but last week 'my girls' treated me to a mani/pedi before the wedding and they still managed to make my feet soft and pretty! *grin*

15. bandmom

Aww, gee thanks SS. Will you trim my corns too? :jester:

16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I got a pedicure (@ Fancy Nails) yesterday and it was awesome! My feet feel good and my toes are pretty again!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

When I heard a while ago that Lee Spa Nails in White Oak also owned the Diva nails in White Oak, I thought that was pretty dumb for them to be their own competition. Why would they want to own 2 nail salons in the same place???

Well, yesterday morning I went to Lee Spa to get a mani/pedi, and they were packed! Along with me, there were 6 other people waiting. Well, what did she do? She sent us all to Diva nails where there was no wait! I thought, wow, I guess they're smarter than I am! So it worked out well. I had a gc I was using, and they accepted it at either place, I didn't have to wait, and the guy did a great job! (the guy's name was Quinton if anyone is ever looking for someone). I don't think many people know about Diva Nails, so it works out well for them.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just got back from getting a pedi,fill-in and the eyebrows waxed... I really like Linda at Star Nails.. just wonderful. Now that I have my summer feet on, I just put my anklet on, and my little lady-bug toe ring... so pretty!! I love summer feet!