Orthopedic Surgeon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by citygal, May 13, 2008.

1. citygal

citygal Guest

I am in need of an orthopedic doctor in the clayton area around highway70.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

3. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Try Dr. Richard Alioto, my DH has worked with his patients after surgery and has referred people to him.

Address:
    University Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
    507 N. Brightleaf Blvd., Suite 100, Smithfield, NC 27577
    11618 Highway 70 W, Suite 200A, Clayton, NC 27520
    Appointment Telephone:
    (919) 989-6535
    Office Telephone:
    (919) 989-6535, (919) 550-0262 Clayton
    Fax Telephone:
    (919) 989-6533

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I followed my doctor there (Kevin Logel) and they are fabulous. I had arthoscopy and a tendon repair. He also treated my 5yo for break that needed a pin.

5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Well-Known Member

Dr. Carroll of Garner Orthopedic on Vandora Springs Road
    Hubbie just had surgery last month for "hunters" elbow aka tennis elbow

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We went to Dr. Alioto. My son can't run 30' without falling. He falls often in the house... His feet started to turn inward about a 1½ year ago and we thought he'd grow out of it. But he seems to be growing IN to it instead. We thought he get corrective shoes, or SOMEthing! After an hour and forty five minutes in the waiting room. we saw Dr. Alioto. He said to go to Walmart and buy inserts. Hello?! They don't sell inserts for children. ... And God only knows how much they charged us It's been two months ago and we've not received a bill yet. Also, he tried to send us to his neurology buddy down stairs ... yeah, he needs a neurologist..

Just color me not pleased at all.

7. Lynn38

Lynn38 Member

My daughter's feet also turn inward (also known as over-pronation). This caused problems with both her ankles and knees last year, since it knocks everything out of alignment. We were able to find arch support drugstore inserts that fit my daughter's feet (she was 12 at the time but her feet are tiny) and it worked like a charm. Our other alternative was to have custom orthodic inserts made for her, which would have ran $400+. So we were thrilled to spend about $10 to solve her problem.

Not sure how old your son is or how small his feet are, but you might want to check online for inserts designed for children for significantly less than having custom orthodics made.

On another note...My daughter had an appt. with Dr. Alioto yesterday (her first appt with him ever) for a sports related injury. We waited for just 15 min., saw both him and his physician asst who spent considerable time with us. We thought he was great and extremely knowledgable. Just my experience...:)

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hey there! I am not sure how old your son is, but we go to a pediatric orthopedist over by Rex Hospital I would HIGLY recommend!!! My son was born with club feet and we have been going here since he was born, he does specialize in children so it may or may not be worth a look, here is a web link, his name is Dr. Robert Caudle.

http://www.triangleortho.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/site.physicians/action/dtl/phys/99837423.cfm

9. nsanemom22

Glad you got in like you did. The office(s) must have over scheduled their patients that day. We had to wait at the front desk to begin with because it was standing room only in the waiting room.

Yeah, the orthodic inserts aren't cheap by a long shot! I have a nice expensive pair myself. If I knew then what I know now I'd be $365 richer, less a pair of regular inserts.

Does your daughter still have to wear the inserts or was the problem corrected?

10. nsanemom22

Thanks for the link Shar

11. Lynn38

Lynn38 Member

She does still have to wear them, and from what I understand she will always need to wear some sort of inserts or at least shoes with excellent arch support to keep her feet from turning inward. She's really bummed with summer coming though cause she wants to wear flip flops so badly!

Good luck with your son's feet; I hope you find a solution that will get him up and running...

12. krattie

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But, there is such a thing as Apraxia of the brain that a neurologist would have to diagnose. It causes things like falling. Maybe it was something he wanted to rule out. I have a friend whose son has it and he falls down a lot.

Again, he is a very good doctor and highly recommended. My family has personally never had to use him, but we know many people that have been treated by him and were very pleased.

13. nsanemom22

His recommendation for a neurologist was for hyperreflexia. Which brings in concerns of a motor neuron disease ...which to my understanding, involves more than feet.

We'll do something... I dunno what, but something.. we aren't going to ignore it but at the same time I don't want to pole vault over a mouse **** either..

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  14. krattie

I looked that up, it's most commonly caused by a spinal cord injury. According to what you've mentioned for symptoms, it's hard to believe that he has that. I do wish you luck in resolving his condition.

15. nsanemom22

yup, he asked if he had had an injury, he hasn't ...