Has anyone had problems with Weichert Realty Columbus Associates?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wildlifeeducator, May 15, 2008.

1. nevermind, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Personally I think they are shady.

Especially when they did a lot of closes for Turner....

We backed out on a house because "something just wasn't right."

Just MHO

3. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

We bought our house using one of their Realtors.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly what you are talking about but...
    There are plenty of realtors out there (and on this board), pick another one. Don't give them your money.

5. KittyCat

KittyCat Well-Known Member

My DH and I have bought and sold a house thru Weichert Realtors and had a great experience with them. So much so, that I work for them now. I think they have several wonderful agents working for them. There is nothing shady about them, everything they do is on the up and up. Just because someone was not able to close on a house does not mean it was Weicherts fault. IMHO, they are a great company to work for or with.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

See there's 2 sides to every story.

Hey kittykat!

7. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

I have a really good friend that bought and sold a house thru them. There house was only on the market for like 5 days and it was sold!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You beat me to it:)

9. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

All of the realtors/employee/owners that I know up there are super nice. As with all people on the board, just their own opinions, but I would not have a problem listing my home with them.

10. KittyCat

KittyCat Well-Known Member

Hiya Harley! Miss ya girl.
    Hey there Kaci!!!!!

You are right, there are two sides to every story. And unfortunatly, you can not please everyone, doesn't mean a business is bad or shady. Hopefully they will give Wiechert another chance one day and see what good people they are.

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

MEEEEEEE-OOOOOOOOOOOW !!! 8)

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

TERRIBLY SHADY...WOULDN'T WHIZZ ON THEM IF THEY

WERE ON FIRE.

Before I relocated from Fl, C6 and I fond a home that we liked built by Turner in the Cleveland area. Dealt with an agent from this agency who said he was related to Turner. Gave a 500 dollar deposit into escrow. As we looked through the house which was one of the only ones left unsold, we noted the items that would need correction prior to closing. We did this 60 DAYS PRIOR TO CLOSING. As I continued to work there, fly here, we'd periodically get by to see if anything had been done.

Now, before I get castigated over the little items like trim paint, etc. The main concern was the fist sized hole in the upstairs bathtub. Mind you the house was finished, and the tub was framed in. We noted that BIG default, and was repeatedly assured by the agent that it would be fixed. We understood the little things, but emphasized the tub repair/replacement. The agent did not write down any of the repairs/fixits at all. He placed blank yellow post it notes in the vicinity of what repair was needed (blank, with no indication of what needed repairing, mind you). Those post its fell off after he walked away, as the adhesive on them was insufficient to stick.

We were set to close the at 0900 on the Friday before Labor Day weekend. I flew in Thursday night. At 0800 we went to the house to see if anything had been done on to the tub or other items.

ZERO...NADA...with a huge hole in the upstairs tub.

Realizing that once we "closed" it was our responsibility, and that Turner would have walked away, I called the closing agent and told them we were not going to close.

I got a call from someone pruporting to be Ashely Turner, who proceeded to cuss me out in language you wouldn't hear in a brothel. Responding in the same coin, I also told the person that if they wanted to hide behind a phone they were full of chicken S**t (poultry fecal material) and that I'd rather settle it face to face. He whined about how difficult it was to get a repairmen on the Friday before Labor Day, and I told the stupid SOB that the agent had known about the stuff for over 6 weeks, and that if he couldn't count on his installers and repair people that it wasn't my fault.

Went by the broker and advised them, and told them I'd be filing a complaint with the RE board as well.

We've never received any thing from Turner or the real estate agency.

I don't open this conversation with anyone. When asked, I condemn Turner, the agency, and the agent in quite illuminating language.

Yep, I know how to hone a grudge. As I say, I never volunteer this info without being asked. Someone asked. I replied.

And, as said, there are too many other agents out there. I recommend Kim Adamof

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Wow H6 your story sounds VERY familiar :evil::evil: and :iagree: with Kim Adamof. Great lady!!!

14. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I recommend my GF!

15. Another question......

nevermind, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  16. Hometowne Realty

I would recommend HomeTowne Realty in Clayton. I have heard only good and positivve comments on them. I have sent a friend of mine and they were impressed with Teresa Byrd and Valarie Dupree.

17. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Wildlife, are you talking about a client getting sued over a commission?

18. JROSE

JROSE Guest

Weichert Realty was professional when we used them. If you are not happy there are many other realtors around here to choose from.

19. MamaApe,

Yes , is that unheard of?

20. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

Its not the first time I have heard that Ashely Turner is an a##.
    Anyone else dealt with him?