Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

I understand. But every employer I spoke to said he had to have a worker's permit because of the restrictions on working hours @ 16 (school days, etc.).

I really doesn't make sense. He does NOT have to have my permission or my signature on any paperwork anywhere in order to drop out of school, but he needs my signature to get a job. And he can't get his driver license until he's 18 if he drops out of school, but he's allowed to drop out @ 16. The laws are strange to me - very contradictory.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Wow, that is amazing. With my three pregnancies they usually get you in the door for your first visit by the end of the first trimester... not the end of the first week. <rolls eyes>

Immature, no. Internet detective? Maybe.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

found this:

Youths under 18 years of age must obtain a youth employment certificate (work permit) when employed, even if they are employed by their parents.

learn something new every day....

4. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

We drove up together to get it the following weekend.

5. dangerboy

that's what the PM feature is for

6. colinmama

colinmama Guest

It was mentioned that the police have been involved and questioning people. Did they question the girl's mother? If Daniel's mom has reason to believe he may be there or they are helping to hide him then why not send the detective over to ask some questions and then he can just ask if she would mind looking around the house to see if there is any sign of Daniel being there or having been there. If she protests then I would think that would throw up some red flags.

Of course, they may need more probable cause than just a hunch to ask to search the house so it may not be an option but just wondering if this had been done or not.

7. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

AMEN!

8. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been done. They did not get permission to search the house. You're correct, they need more than a hunch.

9. Kiddo_08

Kiddo_08 Member

I see it at school all the time.
    Pregos telling everyone how great it is. My little sister thought it was so cool and someday she wanted to have a kid, then I made her watch a video of childbirth – suddenly it wasn’t all that cool. She thinks she will wait until she REALLY wants one. LOL:lol:
    I’d can’t stand these girls that think the way to get and keep a guy is to do it. ANY guy will if you let ‘em. They are not my kid of people and I used to hang out with them. Bragging about what was going on I thought was disgusting. Even the mom bragged about her daughter giving it up.
    I am far from a prude but that was too gross for me.:ack:

I feel bad for Daniel, his Mom and the family of the girls ex boyfriend. :grouphug:They are good people too. The best thing that can happen is they all get away from her.
    :chillpill: Love and sex are not the same thing but it is hard for some one in highschool to tell the difference:confused:

10. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I believe you need a search warrant in order to look around unless the owner ok'd it. I could be wrong.

11. dangerboy

yeah, but if they said the kid was at your house but he wasn't would you keep them from just walking through? they're not going to plow through your underwear drawers looking for a 6+ foot 16 year old

12. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

True ...but he could be hiding in a clothes closet..you still going thru their personal things.

13. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

I'm really very sorry any of this back and forth got started.

It was suggested to me that I post on this board as another means of getting the community involved in helping to find my son. When I got on here, this thread already existed, so I joined the the conversation. When I did, people started asking questions about the circumstances under which he ran away, and I answered those questions honestly.

It's no secret that there is no love loss between myself and Beth's mother. I hold no contempt for Beth. I believe she's a young, underdisciplined, misguided young girl who has not been taught that her self worth is not dependant on whether or not she can get and keep a boyfriend. She's a decent girl who just hasn't been given (in my oppinion) the structure, discipline, and guidance that she deserved.

Her mother, I hold completely accountable for her actions, her words, how she has chosen to raise her daughter, and what she allows to go on in her home. She's the grown up. She should know better.

14. Cleopatra

Wow. That is all I can say here. Wow.

15. Cleopatra

Simple. She is looking for a Daddy. And a baby's daddy. Sad all the way around.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey i gave her the first kudos back on pg 37, post 370 but i guess this thing has been flying so fast it go overlooked

yeah for kiddo:hurray::hurray::hurray:

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like this girl's mother is guilty of child abuse. What else can you call it when an adult encourages her underage child to have sex?? Maybe she had to "give it up" in high school to be popular and she wants the same for her daughter.

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Pepper,

You should be very proud because you have obviously raised a nice young lady and instilled values and morals in her. Way to go!

19. Cleopatra

Says the person lashing out at every poster on this thread with inane Jr High humor.

20. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

:iagree: :hurray::hurray::hurray: