commute to RTP

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Barrener River Short, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Does anyone commute from 4042 to RTP? Mainly to the Main IBM site?

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Hi BRS,

I do not, but you may get more notice on the new forum that webbie started. Carpooling. I know just making an assumption here but trying to be helpful 8)

3. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Sorry!! Meant the new category in Classifieds!!

4. I have one posted but for Goldsboro. Apparently I am the only one who commutes here.

I am trying to swing a job back out at IBM and was just putting feelers out for now. Its going to be a month or so before I know if I will be back out there.

5. shellbell516

shellbell516 Active Member

I ride in vanpool from Exit 312 to RTP, but we don't go to IBM Main. The last I heard there was about 30 people from Johnston County on the waiting list for a vanpool opening.

6. Thats what it was like when I worked at IBM before a long waiting list. I know they have a van behind the wilco at 4042 and a van up by the lowes foods on 70.

I sent in my resume this morning to my old manager, When I get home I am going to send it off to the HR person. I am kind of looking to be back there by the end of July.

But heck if i could get a contracting job over at Telcris that would be even better.

7. shellbell516

We just added several new riders in the last few months. The list keeps growing as the cost of gas goes up. There are enough people on the waiting list to make 2 more new vans if anyone wanted to start one up themselves through Triangle Transit.

8. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

If anyone signs up, PLEASE CONTACT ME! I have been on the waiting list for over a year now. No one at TTA ever contacts me back.

Looking for a vanpool from Clayton/4042 to hwy 55/54 in RTP.

9. shellbell516

Did you contact any of the drivers listed on the vanpool site?
    http://triangletransit.org/vanpool/current/

It may be that your job location isn't on any current drop off routes. I know that we don't go to 55/54.

10. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

I used to work at IBM but I changed jobs because it looked like I was going to get laid off the second time, now I am still in RTP but at 540 and Davis. I usually see 1 van on I-40 in JoCo, but after that I never see anymore all the way down I-40 to I-540. I didn't think they offered a vanpool to go that far. If the hours are right I might be interested if anyone finds something out.

11. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Yep!
    I got two call backs which I responded to but nothing after that. It was very weird. (both said they do drive near 55/54)

I also contacted TTA twice and never got a response back from them either.

12. shellbell516

There are a couple that come from Johnston County, but they leave at different times and go to different businesses. There are 3 that I know of that go into RTP.

Vanpool #1914 Clayton Research Tri. Park 7:00A-4:00P Sal Biancardi
    (919) 543-9690

Vanpool #1926 Clayton / Garner Research Tri. Park 7:00A-4:40P Michelle Mayfield
    (919) 461-1355

Vanpool #1935 Clayton Research Tri. Park 7:00A-4:00P Diglio Simoni
    (919) 485-5667

This is info directly from the TT-Vanpool page.