july 4th activities in clayton area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by giapn73, Jun 22, 2008.

1. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to go see fireworks or of other july 4th activities in the Clayton area. Feel free to email me: gdd04@msn.com.

Thanks so much,

Gia

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Tell her that website one more time, now won't ya! :)

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually that is 3 different threads. The software strips out the middle of the address.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

:):):):):):):):) OOps, I was fooled!

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

7. golfhound

golfhound Active Member

July 4th

Garner has awesome fireworks at Lake Benson Park. The NC Symphony is there and other activities. I think it's on the 3rd.

8. Centurian

Centurian Well-Known Member

9. straitfan

straitfan Guest

So, does anyone know if Garner is definitely doing their fireworks on the 3rd?
    I looked at Garner's website but there was no information.

Thanks!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the 3rd? why would anyone be doing it on the 3rd?

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Garner has always done theirs on the 3rd. I think it's that way so they can have "Pops in the Park" or maybe just to give people an option instead of only one night to celebrate. :)

12. KellBell

makes no sense IMO.....especially when it falls on a Friday this year....

13. bandmom

14. bandmom

As I said - I think it started yrs ago so they could have the symphony there (because they usually play in Ral on the 4th) Plus now they have such a crowd - its worked out well for them. Some folks like to go to Garner on the 3rd and then do family stuff on the 4th - people can stay late cause most folks are off on the 4th - plus they're not 'competing' with other area celebrations for the 4th, etc. Or like us - we'll go and then we're heading out of town on the 4th!!! Yay - vacation!!! :hurray:

15. KellBell

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. I went one year, CROWDED! And dark. I even backed into some guy's car with the Durango, he was really cool about it. Now, his daughter... raving, lunatic biatch. All it needed was some rubbing compound, not a tow!! But, man. What a nice guy.

Thank You, nice guy. Wherever you are!

17. bandmom

Yea - it is crowded. We usually have a large group of friends from church and we all bring our dinner, sit and eat - enjoy the fireworks. You just have to have lots of patience when its time to leave......all that traffic it's the pits!!