Need Daycare Information

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rain Feather, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Rain Feather

Rain Feather Guest

Hey there,

We need information on what's out there for daycare in the Cleveland area. Everything I find seems to be in Clayton proper and something a little closer might be easier for us. (we live right off 1010 just past Cleveland Elementary) Information on any in Clayton proper is appreciated as well though. Unfortunately Little Stepping Stones I and II are not options for us, but please let me know if you have a recommendation for anything else. We have an almost 3 year old, and a 5 year old getting ready to start school next month. Thanks everybody!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hey, not trying to be a smarty pants or anything.........but there is a search button, and if you plug in daycares, you should find plenty of previous threads on the subject. Good Luck in your search! :):grouphug:

3. Rain Feather

Rain Feather Guest

Unfortunately, most of what I've been able to find so far hasn't been as local as I had hoped. I thought maybe someone had some insights for things that were a little closer.

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Little Stepping Stones II is very close to you (right across from Chops rest.). They are wonderful. My son has been going there for 2 years.

5. bettyboop

bettyboop Guest

6. arkpals2u

arkpals2u Well-Known Member

I may be able to help you. Is your 2 year old potty trained? pm me and let me know what you are looking for exactly.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

geez, with all these threads looking for childcare, maybe i am in the wrong business:lol:

8. FoxChassis

FoxChassis Well-Known Member

Are you looking for a facility with multiple children and teachers or an in-home daycare with only a couple of children?

9. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Robin's Nest is not too far from you.

10. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Sugar Babees

Sugar Babees is by far the best daycare that I have ever used. It is small but that is great because that means not as many kids and more love given to the children. They are great. Call and speak to Sue. She is the owner/director and a wonderful person along with her daughter Lisa that works there as well. As of Friday she did have a opening. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jeepgirl

Jeepgirl Well-Known Member

When my boys were at Robins Nest it was before and after school only...have they changed?

12. le

le Well-Known Member

Yeah, right!?!?

13. Rain Feather

Rain Feather Guest

Thanks for the good recommendations so far. I did check Robin's Nest (for the school age son) and Cleveland Child Development Center (for both) and unfortunately, both closed at 6. We have to drive back from RTP so having something that closed at 6:30 was necessary for us for those days that traffic on 40 was miserable. My husband had a good conversation with Cleveland Creative Kids and was going to check it out. Can anyone tell me where Sugar Babees is located? I couldn't seem to find information for them.

14. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

daycare

Wee School use to be A childs Place. My kids went there and I loved the place. IMHO

15. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Little Stepping Stones and LSS II are open 'til 6:30. Don't know if they have any openings. I love them!

Frogger

16. jws4ncsu

jws4ncsu New Member

Daycare in 42/40 Area

Our 3 year old attends Cleveland Child Care (3 star facility) off Old Drug Store Road and they are great! Our son attended Little Stepping Stones off Technology Drive and we withdrew him because he was being bitten excessively. Check out www.clevelandchild.com - hope this helps!

You also might want to check out a site offered by the Department of Health & Human Services - you can search for daycare facilities and read Visits & Actions Taken by the Division of Child Development.

Good luck in your search!

http://ncchildcaresearch.dhhs.state.nc.us/search.asp

17. plummobile

plummobile Well-Known Member

xrds.

Crossroad's Academy is right off of 210 at the intersection of 40. They're also open til 6:30, wonderful staff.

18. agoembel

agoembel Well-Known Member

On my way to work in the morning, I see people and kids in and out of a house, like it is a home daycare. It is on North Shiloh close to the Cornwallis stop sign. Does anyone know if it is a daycare, if so what do you know about them. Or does anyone know about a good home daycare off Cornwallis from Old Drug Store to HWY 42?