A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlemrsb_nc, Aug 13, 2008.

1. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

[​IMG]

Bush in Bejing...When will he stop embarrassing us?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Could the picture have been altered to look that way?

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

At least he's trying. Unlike some others. 8)

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

From his position and to those behind him, its correct.

6. bandmom

OMG - did you watch the video of the weight lifter (from that link) messing up his elbow - owie, owie, owie!!! :cry:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was thinking that as well. What a stupid thing to get riled up about.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

True! I am not offended by this, but it did bother me that on the 4th my home and the former CIA guy down the street were the only individuals in the whole culdesac that displayed the flag.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Stuff like that bothers me too. We are a patriotic family. Not sure why others don't feel as lucky to live here and be willing to express that pride. The USA surely isn't perfect, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

10. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking....maybe he just wanted to show all the people sitting behind him. Like someone else said. At least he is there to support them..

GO TEAM USA!!!!

11. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Those who complain about this pic should go out to their car and peel their John Edwards sticker away first and then bash Bush. Bush may have more detractors than any other president in history, but he has stones the size of grapefruits going over to that communist hell hole. This guy could announce the cure for AIDS right now and still get catch crap.:beathorse:

12. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

13. bandmom

14. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Didn't see it. Will have to look at at home. Is it not for the squeamish?

Frogger

15. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

First off how can you play the patriot card and then call it no big woop in the same sentence? The American Flag is the insignia of Patriots!

Come on guy's ...... he's playing to the camera's and you know he wasn't trying to show those behind him! He's embarrassing enough; please don't embarrass us further by making excuses for his idiocy. Right now Tommy Chong would be a better image for America!! The man is an embarassing oaf and needs to stay home till the election is over.

There are General Statutes addressing the American flag. And, an etiquette standard in its presentation. Flag etiquette would have him stand up, turn around and ... "still" ... display the flag away from himself. If anyone should be versed in the laws & etiquette of our national flag it should be him. He's the Commander in Chief, the same man that sends men to die defending that flag.

16. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

PS: He was there because we paid for it.

17. artis

artis Well-Known Member

Certainly looks plausible that he is holding the flag off to the side of himself so the others behind him can see it displayed correctly. As for Tommy Chong, I think you have Bush mistaken for the previous holder of the Office -- but, then again, he didn't inhale so who knows.

18. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

Thanks ddrdan...I was starting to think I was the only sane one here! He's displaying the flag to the people in front of him, he is looking straight ahead as he is in every angle this picture was shot. He's not looking at the freaking people behind him. Even his daughter is looking at him like he's a moron. NOTE: Barbara is the one that told him to turn the flag around....hmmmm. You'd think if you are the leader of the country you'd know how to properly display a flag...a 4 yr old can do it! I think there is an underlying meaning to this picture. He's had everything BAS ACKWARDS for 8 years now...:banghead:
    Come on Jan 09!

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The first thing that popped into my mind is that if this was taken with a regular film camera then the negative once developed can be reversed and processed onto film paper, which would make it totally appear that he was holding the flag backwards when in fact he wasn't. I know this can be done as well with digital imaging software, and can be done fairly easily.

As I haven't seen live footage, (video can be transposed as well) I can't say one way or other, but do have doubt about the picture.

Craig