Teacher Assignments-- Westview

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Well, we received ours today. Kids are psyched.

Kindergarten boy--unknown at this point
    2nd grade girl-- Ms. Rupright
    2nd grade boy--Ms. Mangum
    3rd grade boy--Ms. Puckett

Anyone else have any of the above teachers? I would love to connect w/ other parents of kids in Ms. Rupright's room. I'm told they'll be 8 kids in there including mine. Anyone else's child on this list? Love small classes. Good luck w/ all the teacher assignments this week. Anyone know when the middle school will get there stuff? I'm homeschooling 2 of mine but the other one will go to Cleveland Middle.

Hey, the bus situation should be interesting the first week w/ all the new start times. See everyone at open house next week. I'll be the one w/ all the kids going in opposite directions--LOL.

Take care,

stephanie--mom to 7

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Well Stephanie, our 3rd graders won't be in the same class, mine is in Mrs Krieger's class - anyone know anything about her?

3. Britsmom

Britsmom Member

We recieved ours yesterday.

2nd grade-Mrs. Butcher
    1st grade- Mrs. Carlson

Has anyone else had these teachers?

4. trailblazer

trailblazer Active Member

Kindergarten -Mrs. Morris

Anyone have her? I promised myself not to do this and form my own opinions about her, but I saw the post and couldn't resist. I'm a little nervous to send my oldest off to kindergarten!!

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Mrs Morris

You are sooo lucky to get her! That's who I requested for my little one...I've heard nothing but great things, I think you'll be happy. She's great with kids! Very "perky, peppy, spunky", I think you'll like her!

6. trailblazer

trailblazer Active Member

YEAH!!!

I am so glad to hear that, thanks!!
    We meet her on the 27th. I have taken off work to go in. My daughter is so excited - just Mom that's nervous.
    I really appreciate you writing to tell me that. I'm psyched!!

7. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

We liked Ms. Puckett a lot-thought she was a great teacher!

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, we have her and my daughter is a nervous wreck, she was hoping for Ms Grotheer as that's who her brother had. Thanks again :)

9. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Tell her not to worry, Mrs. Puckett is sweet!
    We also had Mrs. Carlson is 1st grade and my daughter just loved her. Does anyone know anything about Ms. Natskakula?

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Ms Natskakula is a sweetheart. Great with the kids, makes sure they have fun while learning.

11. mnredsky

You by far are the luckiest. Mrs. Morris is a wonderful teacher, but also a wonderful person altogether.

12. mnredsky

JAM - Puckett is a great teacher. She's very loving, but at the same time stern when it comes to learning. She esp great for little ones who love to read .... really encourages them.

13. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! thanks :)

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

So no one knows anything about my teachers huh?

15. mnredsky

Don't know personally about Kreigers teaching style, but she's always been super nice when I've stalked with her.

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Why are you stalking her?? :lol:

I worked at the school this morning and saw both of them, but didn't meet them. They seemed friendly...will be meeting them soon enough. Talked to someone who knew them, said they were both nice.

17. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Thanks! I liked her teacher web pages-we are excited!

18. paige1

paige1 Member

My son also has Mrs. Puckett. We are quite nervous, as he as some special learning issues. We thought that we would be getting another teacher. Prayerfully all goes well this year.

19. browns rule

browns rule Guest

trailblazer- My son had Mrs. Morris when he was in kindergarten at Cleveland Elementary and she ROCKED!! I was crying when we had to leave her on the last day. She is the reason he is such a excellent reader today. She is also very kind to the students AND the parents. Can't sing her praises enough!:hurray:

20. macy

macy Well-Known Member

teacher assignments - west view

our family was disappointed in our 3rd grade teacher assigment. we filled out the form last year and requested that he NOT get this teacher. and sure as can be..he was assigned to her. we learned last year that YOU DO NOT WANT THIS TEACHER from so many parents. then why is she still at west view? or any school if she is that bad.