Pizza Inn Under NEW OWNERSHIP & MANAGEMENT

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tristbyrd, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Tristbyrd

Tristbyrd Guest

I recently found out that Pizza Inn on 42 was sold to a local man and his family (Doug W.) They let go of the old General Manager and are now staffing the store with their own family...
    Maybe we could all give them a little help and support and give them another chance. They could sure use our support, maybe making friends of them is better than being enemies. Just a thought for a local business owner.:cheers:

2. meg

meg Well-Known Member

I would love to support them, however we just went there on Monday to celebrate my son's birthday. When we got there and there was very little pizza on the bar and what was there was cold and soggy. There was another couple that came in after us and sat down but after about 10 minutes they got up and left. There was a large birthday party that came in with about 20 people or so and as soon as the pizza was put on the bar the kids all got up and took everything. I ended up paying about $22.00 and all we got was two slices of cold pizza.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Different than the August 2008 Business of the month? By the way the honor was posted by one of the members because of the terrible service this business has provided and questionable criteria used by the Chamber of Commerce.

August Business of the Month
    by Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce
    Friday, 08 August 2008

Pizza Inn named August Business of the Month by Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce.

August Business of the Month was chosen for their support and service to not only the chamber but also to the community. Phyllis and Don Feldbush say they strive to be people pleasers. Having been in the restaurant business for the past three years, they are the proud owners of Pizza Inn, located 63 Son-Lan Parkway right off Hwy 42. Pizza Inn is a family restaurant offering a large variety of pizza with fresh dough made daily, spaghetti and salad. They have daily specials and on Sunday offer breakfast and regular pizza at lunch. Phyllis and Don also aid may local groups by offering their facility for fund raisers. Their slogan is "Pizza out, It's Pizza Inn."

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=20339

4. PeeWee

PeeWee Member

Are they offering any deals that would make it worth my wild to try them again?

5. Tristbyrd

Tristbyrd Guest

Pizza Inn

It was just purchased on Monday night after they closed. The new owners didn't take over until Tuesday this week. Give them a chance. They most def are not the #1 restaurant in our area, but maybe the new owners will make it one of the best restaurants in our area. Let's see how things go... :hurray:

I don't know if they are offering any "under new ownership specials". If they are reading this, maybe it will give them an idea.....:jester:

6. football

football Member

The Pizza Inn changed hands with the new owners taking over on Monday, Looks like the service and food has gone way down hill. Not any better worse than before,new female manager very rude

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Well dang, maybe its the same old owners, just in disguise :jester: and they thought they could fool us........

8. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

:nopity: I have hard time believing it is any better.

9. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

As a newcomer, I just went last night. I had ordered over the phone and told them I would eat in. ( I wanted it ready when I got there to save time).
    The girl on the phone screwed up the order. The manager or asst. manager (not sure) came over and said they wanted us to be completely refunded. They put our correct order in and told us to help ourselves to anything else.
    Good first impression for me.

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've only been to Pizza Inn a couple times, I didn't even know you could do that! I just thought it was buffet only...anyway, I don't even care for the food, so I don't see me going back anytime soon, unless it's with a group/team that I have to go with!

Glad you had a good experience though!

11. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Give it a rest already!

Sooooo...you decided to come back didja "football".

You don't really expect us to fall for that again now do you "football" (aka: old Pizza Inn mgr who now seems disgruntled and wants to come on here and slam the new owners)

Give it a rest already!
    :roll:

12. MCCx3

MCCx3 Well-Known Member

We'll go try it again, we went once and swore never to return after last time.

13. football

football Member

To: Mommysaidno

I am not the old Manager, so you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You should just be God loving towards them.

15. MommySAIDno

:iagree:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good one Cleo! 8) Remember all the "new" user names that popped up during some of the earlier Pizza Inn threads. He was singing it's praises back then. Now he comes in here (wonder if he is still trying to make us think he's a woman:lol: ) and now he wants to trash the place. Interesting8)

See...."football", some of us who have been here a good while remember your several different user names and your silly rants. Cleo's right, you should take your own advice to be "God Loving". I mean, you DO realize people can see all of your posts, right?

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I thought I smelled a old pizza tale ...

18. MommySAIDno

8)

Yep, so far the guy seems to have about 4 or 5 different user names here (at least).

football, of course, joined Oct. 5th 2007 (7 posts)

racerman who joined Oct. 7th 2007 (6 posts) He claimed the customers were the problem at PI.

dink who joined Oct. 9th 2007 (made 2 posts) Sang praises about PI

Then we have UR2L8 who joined Oct. 10th 2007 (6 posts) Wasn't sure about this one until he attacked MNredsky on an entirely different thread over her opinion about PI. The timing just seemed to perfect. Possible it's a friend of football's??

and HappyValley joined in March 2008 to spout about the coupons he refused to honor for PI. He has posted 3 times but it seems a couple of those posts were deleted. Hmmmmm 8)

Did I miss any football??

(yes, I'm playing board police today :mrgreen: )

19. MommySAIDno

I can't resist.....was it a good pizza tale
    (as in "old piece of"....well...just say it out loud - cracked me up. Did you intend that?? Did it really, well, smell :shock::ack: )

:jester:

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

WOW! A PI at work here.