Lost Dog

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Keverooney, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Our dog wondered off last night (9/24) near Forest lane in the South Ridge development and she hasn't come back yet. Please call 553-2728/357-1076 if you see her. She is a med sized dog (45lbs), Black with a white patch on her chest and some gray around her muzzle. Her name is Maggie and we miss her, thank you for your help.

2. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I hope your Maggie is home safe and sound soon! Good luck.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture? I was on Polenta Rd this am about 9:15 and saw a large Beagle mix (?) walking down the road. :?

4. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Pic of Maggie

I put Maggie as my Avitar. Thanks for looking.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Not the same dog I saw this am.

You might want to call the shelter 934-8474 to see if she was picked up AND put flyers out in your neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods.

I hope you find her.

6. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Thanks Harley

We've called the JCAC and all the local vets as well as posted signs in the neighborhood and near the school. Any other ideas other than scouring the area on foot as we have done that as well. Thanks.

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I hope you find her. I know how stressfull it can be when your dog gets out. I don't live in that area, but will still keep my eyes open. Hoping she comes home soon!!!!

8. cece

cece Well-Known Member

We are keeping our eyes open as well.... Maybe some generous soul has taken her in and hasn't seen your signs yet. I hope that she is back home soon.

9. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Thanks for well wishes

Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out for Maggie. She's still out there somewhere. My wife and I went door to door last night and noone has seen her. We're still hopefull for a safe return and will continue looking and door to door thru the weekend. Don't hesitate to call us if you see or hear anything. 553-2728/357-1076.:cry:

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

So sorry! I was hoping when I saw you post that you had good news. I live no where near you but will be hoping for the best.

11. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Any news on Maggie?

12. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Sighting of Maggie

Had a caller with a possible sighting last night on South Ridge Dr. near Samantha.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=143 forest lane, garner, nc&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
    Searched the area for a while and didn't see her. The caller stated that she ran between some houses into the woods between South Ridge Dr and Zachary Way. I hope it was her and she is seen again today. Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out, we remain hopeful and diligent in our search.

13. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I didn't see the sign on the corner of Cleveland Sc. rd. Did you find her? I certainly hope so but will continue to look out for her.

14. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Maggie is still lost

The Johnston County Road dept. had taken down some of our signs. We are getting them back up in the "allowed" spots on the road. Please keep looking out for her. It is not stated on the poster, but she is on medication for epilepsy twice a day!! So please let us know if you hear or see anything. We are starting to think someone might have taken her for themselves. So if you see anyone with a pet that is new, please take a good look. Thanks so much!!!!

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Have you gone to the animal shelter to check for yourself?

16. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I would check the shelters in Wake also.

17. MisunderstoodMind

MisunderstoodMind Well-Known Member

Remember Harnett Co Shelter as well. You're not too far for your dog to wander that far.

Alot of people in the area use Stage Rd Animal Hospital.

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Hope that you find your baby soon. Don't give up hope.....

19. Keverooney

Keverooney Member

Still looking

We're still checking with the shelters on the phone and in person. They all have a flyer and our numbers. We're still getting a lot of phone calls from folks that have seen dogs in their area. Most of the callers are responding to the big signs posted at intersections. We've got one really promising lead out on Polenta Rd. The caller and my wife have been talking on the phone quite a bit. She has seen pictures of Maggie and is sure that it is our dog in that area. We'll be treking thru the woods today, I hope the hunters don't get mad and the ticks keep to themselves.:confused:

20. cece

cece Well-Known Member

We will keep praying for a happy and safe return home for Maggie.