A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

hmmm...interesting.. actually I have never watche The View :?

2. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

:?::?:

3. Lookout55

Lookout55 Well-Known Member

X-Ray - a fish :lol:

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

My 6yo has to write the name of and draw an animal that starts with the letter "X" in school (we homeschool) today and I just can't think of one.

"U" was tough too - I finally told him to do a unicorn, even though it's not "real". He didn't like that much:lol:

He's had to do one for each letter in the alphabet. I thought you guys might be able to help.

5. MommySAIDno

Is it for real?? If so, I'll take it!

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I have instructors of online classes that do not care :banghead::banghead::banghead:

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My kids had a book of animals of the alphabet, and the U was umbrella bird, I always wondered if that was real, or made up for the book. All the others were real so I'm assuming it was real as well. I don't remember what the X animal was...

8. Lookout55

Lookout55 Well-Known Member

This is what I found:

A perky little fish, the X-Ray Fish is social, friendly, and very easy to care for!

The pretty little X-Ray Fish, also called the Golden Pristella Tetra, is an excellent fish for the beginner. It is extremely hardy and undemanding. It is not at all choosy in its water type, probably because it is found naturally in both brackish water as well as soft water. It can even withstand very hard water, though it does do its best in soft.​
    Its easy to keep in other respects as well, being a peaceful community member as well as being fairly prolific in breeding. It is also a very active schooling fish, but it is harmless to other fish and plants. A dark substrate and subdued lighting will show the X-Ray Fish best and enhance its colors. It will not get its full color in hard water or under bright light.​

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/characins/pristella.php

9. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Xantus Hummingbird

10. MommySAIDno

11. MommySAIDno

That's a good one too - thank you :)

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I am so bored now! :banghead:

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Want me to go stir up some trouble? :mrgreen:

14. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I've thought about posting my question in its own thread, I really want an answer!

hmmmm

15. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

We need a new thread... go for it...

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

:lol:

17. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3634678

Blue Jackets goalie coach recovering after shooting self in chin

MINDEN, Nev. -- Clint Malarchuk, the former NHL goalie best known for having his jugular vein slashed by a skate in a 1989 game with Buffalo, is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the chin with a rifle.

Wife Christy told sheriff's deputies that the .22-caliber rifle discharged after her husband placed the butt on the ground between his legs. He had been shooting rabbits.

The 47-year-old former player, now a goalie coach with the Columbus Blue Jackets, was flown by helicopter to a Reno hospital for treatment Tuesday.

"Our concern is with Clint and his well-being," the Blue Jackets said Thursday. "We are optimistic that he will have a full recovery very soon."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

The dude had his throat slashed in hockey and now he shoots his self in the chin? Talk about having no luck.

Here's the video when his throat was slashed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CI7c-rxFMU

18. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I love HOCKEY!! Blood, seeing surgeries and all that generally does not bother me.... but this video was YUCKY! Oh My!

19. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

20. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Yes it is. A player for Florida last season had a very similar cut to his neck as well. Here's the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3znNVAMQzY