West Johnston High School Marching Band & Macy's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ready2cmyKing, Aug 5, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

I DIDN'T!

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Oh...nevermind...had a bad political joke to say about that...

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!

4. soulshine

I was just going by your both of your statements. Again the reason for the fundraisers is to take some of the pressure off of the parents. No one has to donate or participate if they choose not to. I think we should all be proud of these kids and support them if we are able. It says a lot when you are good enough to go to Macy's. And by the way, I saw no heart, only heartlessness.

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

THANK YOU, Ready. Obviously, that mom had incorrect info. I hope ya'll have a ball!!

Frogger

6. soulshine

I am reading your mind, that would have been so funny!

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Gotcha, hon. I agree. Good to see you again, btw :).

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

good to see you too! :grouphug:

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh, hey Chik! Actually she's not in band this year...but I still try to support them and their efforts cause I know how hard it is. We're looking forward to watching/dvr'ing the parade and cheering on all our friends/kids! :hurray:

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Being a Comet bandmom, I wish the kids at WJHS have a great time in NY. I think it is a great opportunity, one they may never get to do again.

I know for me, we are on a super tight budget, but we are doing the regular fundraiser and we have been doing some on our own, as most of you know, like the BJ's cards, I had a pampered Chef party, we are also taking preorders for Glamour shots.....these are all things we are doing on our own on top of the school fundraisers. Back when I was in school, band didn't cost anything and the instruments were on loan from the school, but that was many years ago. now it does cost quite a bit. I really think more parents need to contact the board of education and keep on them about trying to get more funding for the band program. I do not know if WJHS is the same as CHS, but I know for our kids, they get graded on marching band.

Wish I could afford to help the kids go to Macy's but have another band I need to help support. LOL

But do hope they have a great time....

Just to throw a quick hijack in here....Clayton is the only NC band going to the BOA Grand Nationals, so keep your fingers crossed for us!!! We got Grand Champions at Cape Fear.

done hijacking now....

11. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the band, leaders and parents. You made us proud in your teal and white today. Have fun and a safe trip home. Love you!

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

that was so cool, I was working and I told my dad to tape it for me so I could watch it, not sure he did or not.
    I bet they had lot's of fun and I can't wait to hear the stories!
    Sheri

15. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I thought they did a great job! They were different from any of the other band performances too, nice! :)

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes you are right, I didn't see any other bands STICK out their tongues, I thought that was pretty Stupid of that girl to do that. Was that actually what she was supposed to do?

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Get over it Robbie. It was obvious that it WAS part of the show. I think they did an awesome job and I'm proud of them.

18. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

It appeared to be part of the performance.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It looked like part of the performance to me, I also thought they did a great job!

20. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Lame comment. Get over it. Great performance. We are very proud of these kids.