Rudolph song causes stir at school

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Dec 9, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We learned about other religions and their celebrations <<gasp>> at CHURCH! My goodness, the walls didn't fall in on us! Amazing! It was actually part of being able to join the church, you had to take a class to educate you about other religions. What a concept! No one was offended and life went on. We even had a weekly bible study at school. It wasn't mandatory, you could stay in the class and not participate. I don't think they do that anymore. More's the pity. Perhaps there would be some more tolerant folks out there. Because once you dig a little deeper, most mono-theistic religions are pretty darn similar when you get down to brass tacks. Different names, different ways of governing, but all pretty similar.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Exactly, kdc. They all have the same basic tenets. Don't kill, don't steal, don't cheat, don't lie... Just be excellent to one another.

[​IMG]

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Oh how I miss his humor!

Sherry

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Imagine what a terribly boring world this would be if we all had to dare not offend anyone. :p

5. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

this is the biggest bunch of crap!

6. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I was shocked that our girls' elementary school allowed the kids to put on a CHRISTMAS performance! It included songs about Christmas and a story about Christmas! The kindergartners put on the performance and it was about the cutest darn thing I ever did see! Then one of our daughter's performed in the strings concert and again, they played Christmas songs! I jokingly said to SO, "they aren't being politically correct!" LOL.

7. Cleopatra

The more I think about it, the more it reminds me of a Simpsons episode... Can't believe Groening didn't think of this first.

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

What a load of CRAP!! Those people need to go take some medication and get some therapy! There are pills and treatments that will help them handle and deal with that anger problem that they have with every freaking thing in the world. It's a childrens song about a flying reindeer!! Let the kids enjoy singing a seasonal song!! (notice I did not call it a "Christmas" song) Unbelievable!!

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In my opinion not participating in the gift exchange because "Christmas" was not used in the title is as intolerant as complaining about Rudolph.

Do you think your coworkers think your sour grapes are going to contribute to the festivities.

10. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Hught, Be real. What the heck is "secret sunshine friend"? That's like putting on a costume, going door to door asking for candy, but not calling it Halloween. That's why the word "stupid" was invented.

I'd contribute to the festivities alright.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Josey, I wouldn't have expected less - of a comment - from you. ;)

12. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I guess it's the idea that it would seem that certain others would be "sour grapes" if Christmas WAS mentioned. Especially since the game is not done any other time of the year that, I know of, but Christmas. It does sound as intolerant as the "Rudolph" issue and pretty petty, I know. But some people in the world seem to "have it in" for Christmas and that makes me a little peeved, if you will. So, I figured, fight fire with fire. If people can be offended by Christmas, then I can be offended that Christmas is being judged to a degree. Not that it will work anymore than anything else ever did, but hey, I just get tired of it, IMO. I guess it's my own little way of standing up for what I believe. Ya gotta give me some credit there......

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

good point! Although I think AIG is calling them 'retainer bonuses' or some bullcrap like that...........they don't deserve ANY bonus! grrrrr :banghead:

14. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

:iagree::hurray:

15. Cleopatra

Good for you, I commend you for it. Besides, it will give them something else to talk about. :lol:

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

IMHO, This was a case of someone thinking they *might* get to sue the school board.

Stupid is as stupid does.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I happily take my Holiday Bonus!

Remember it was the Christians that co opted the Winter Solstice not the other way around! :mrgreen:

Note: Someone was either a genus or an idiot when they chose Secret Sunshine Friend!

18. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

But our tradition and national heritage is Christmas (and in some places Hanuka). Sure we can celebrate Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, Sunshine Friends, or whatever ...and ban Christmas trees and ban people from saying "Merry Christmas", but that just erodes our sense of unity.

Political correctness asserts that if one minority group is offended and miserable, we should all be offended and miserable.

Happy Festivus. ;)

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I mentioned something about Chirstmas to somebody yesterday and was frostily told "I don't celebrate Christmas"... Okey Dokey then! No problem, but no need to get all crabby about it. :mrgreen:

20. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

"secret sunshine friend"????? are ya kidddin' me? Sounds like they all need to go dance around a Maypole somewhere and exchange flowered wreathes to wear on their heads....It's CHRISTMAS for crying out loud! It's Santa....Secret SANTA.......If ya don't like it, DON'T PARTICIPATE! Geez are these people gonna have a fit about Valentine's Day and get offended if someone gives them a piece of candy and a card? I mean after all, I'm told that day is in honor of a Saint somewhere back along time ago...Saint Valentine or something. OH BOY!!! Look out!! A saint!!! A religious meaning........mmmmmm......Sorry, Valentine's Day, you gotta go.....some people are offended love, especially if there is a "saint" involved".