Secret Millionaire

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tweetyluvzme, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I have watched this the past two weeks and it has really inspired me to do something good in the community. I am currently unemployed so I wouldn't be able to help like they do and give money but was thinking that I could volunteer or something. I sit around feeling sorry for myself when I really should be thankful for what I do have. Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions as to where I could volunteer or something I could do in the area?

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Basic Needs is always looking for volunteers.

3. Tweetyluvzme

I have heard about that place and I know it is at 40/42 but I'm not sure where exactly.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have always wished that I had the time to go to some of the local nursing homes and visit with the patients. Some of them have so many wonderful stories to tell and no one to listen. Maybe you could do that and teach them a craft or read to them.

5. Tweetyluvzme

Good call! My very first job when I was 14 was in a nursing home kitchen. My mom was an RN there so I got to know several of the patients very well and I loved visiting with them!

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It is in the back 1/2 of Peddlers village. Turn in between peddlers village and Bojangles and circle around the back. They need all type of help!

7. Tweetyluvzme

Great, thank you!

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

there is a nursing home at the corner of 42 and rock service station.

9. CrazyFabulous

THIS is a great show and i was going to start a thread.....glad you got it started!!! it is very inspiring and makes you see how much you really do have!

i missed the 1st 10 mins last night.....did it tell what that guy did for a living?

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it did not, but I am going to google him. I cried. I love shows like this. LOVE. They need to bombard us with shows like this, so people will snap out of it.

11. CrazyFabulous

i totally agree!!! after watching that i forgot about what was bothering me so bad during the day and sqeezed my boys tight!

12. KellBell

13. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I only caught the episode last week and LOVE this show too! How inspiring!

14. KellBell

you can watch full episodes (commercial free of course) here....

http://www.fox.com/secretmillionaire/

15. CrazyFabulous

16. KellBell

don't act like you didn't already know. :p

17. CrazyFabulous

i have known this for some time now oh wise one!

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I was scrolling through TV the other night looking for something to watch, saw this title and just assumed it was another dating show, like Joe Millionare or something. Wish I had known what it was, I like shows like this too. Hope I catch it next week when it's on!

19. CrazyFabulous

it is on again tonight at 8:00 on fox. :)

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree - great show!