Secret Millionaire

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tweetyluvzme, Dec 10, 2008.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I love this show too but it seems a little rehearsed. I mean isn't it just a coincidence that they place these people near the people in need and when they go back to "randomly" give them money the folks are always dressed up like last night. I think they interview the people who receive help and qualify them and then plant the millionaires near them and tell them which people to help.

It's still an awesome show and it's so nice to know that there and caring, giving folks still left out there.

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

yea.....i wondered if the folks that received the gift knew they were on camera. tonights should be really good!

3. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I agree Michelle because at the end of the show it says if you know of an organization that is in need.... Oh! An :idea:.... someone needs to contact the show about our very own Basic Needs Ministry! :-D

Anyway, DH and I watched it for the first time last night (I really liked it, even if it is staged) and I told him that even though we are no where near as rich as the millionaires on that show, that after I got back from Romania I realized how truly rich most of us in this country really are. We are extremely rich compared to the majority of people that I saw there. It was such a humbling experience going there and seeing people living in straw and mud houses with dirt floors. And it was hard coming back here and thinking about how we want so much more than we need. I have since stopped wanting to fix up my house (shows like Trading Spaces only trigger greed, IMO) and instead have started being much more thankful what we've been blessed with.

I'm looking forward to more episodes!

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

They said they tell people they are doing a documentary....guess that helps cover with the cameras being there

5. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

I'm glad that everybody enjoys this show like I do and that it makes us realize that we truly are lucky for what we have!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The show makes me want to strive to be as good of a person as the people who receive the money. They are all such gracious people to their communities. I really liked the woman last night that had started the Women of Watts organization.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Meals on Wheels can always use delivery drivers in Clayton. If you can't commit to one day a week they need substitute drivers. I have been delivering Route 3 for 10 years every Friday. Very rewarding experience. I am the only person sone of these clients see all day. Call Connie at the Clayton Senior Center (919) 553-4350. Tell her Bucky asked you to call.

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Another great idea! Thanks!!

9. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Last night's millionaire didn't impress me as much as the couple the night before did. I don't know, he seemed to be acting or something. Maybe it was because he was just a weeee bit too cocky about his wealth (calling himself the 300 million dollar man :roll:), which turned my stomach a little. Also, I saw him give $35,000 checks to two organizations and $10,000 checks to two individuals. I thought they had to give at least $100/K... did I miss something, or have I forgotten how to do simple math? :)

Anyone else notice?

10. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

:iagree: the couple the other night was much better.....more real! this guy annoyed me big time with the "G" everything and "bam"! i also think it is $100k or more should they want to give more.

wondering if it is written in the contracts that they must shed a tear??