Merry Christmas - You're Fired!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif001, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Guess what, kiddies? I just got laid off!

Not just me, but a lot of people from the company I worked for. Apparently there's something called a recession going on. :)

But even this is not going to dampen my Christmas spirit.

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Wow, merry Christmas, I guess. Didn't you just say yesterday you were getting your resume updated, or something to that effect? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Maybe? Well, I'm glad you won't let this dampen your spirits anyway! :hurray:

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Clif. Nice timing on your company's part. Hope you are able to find something soon.

DH's company laid off 2100 people Monday. Just wondering how long it will be before they pull his number.

4. le

le Well-Known Member

It is unfortunate that so many folks are losing jobs. Time of year makes little difference but waiting till Friday to give the news is downright rude. Least you still have your Christmas spirit.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Yes. In MY opinion, the company was more than a little fascist in the way they ran things (a "Net Nanny" for example) and rumours were that it was soon to get worse. My direct manager (which was not my original manager) refused to bring any complaints up the ladder for fear of retribution. Lot's of other things as well that I didn't like about the company. I was getting the itch to move on, but it never seemed like a good time to turn in my notice.

But I'm not really worried (yet). I have a good resume and I'm very good at what I do. It shouldn't be too long before I'm back at another company making the big bucks. :)

6. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Dang.........I'm sorry Clif....You have a positive attitude about it though so that's good.......I wish you the best.....

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear Clif. I wish you the best of luck. Hope you land even a better job!

Good luck,

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. Sorry to hear that. Like they say when one door closes another opens.

Think of it as a Christmas vacation.

Also get over to the unemployment office in Smithfield

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sign up for unemployment today, from my understanding it take a couple of weeks.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I hope that you find your dream job now that you have time to look for it!

10. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Awww man..I'm sorry Clif, great attitude though. I wish you all the best in your job search. You'll find something 8)

11. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

OR in my case months, the temp agency I was working for decided to say I quit so it's going thru legal now and they say 6-8 weeks, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My sympathies Clif!

The news my Boss just gave me a half hour ago no longer sounds so bad (20% pay cut in hopes that the company will survive through next year).

Hopefully a positive will come out of it for you, I noticed your frustration for some time now.

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Cliff ~ sorry to hear this. I know it has been tough. My brother got laid off from his job not too long ago and is moving in with me and my family. We have been helping with "Santa" for his 7 year old. Kind of rough trying to support 2 families, more or less.

Hang in there Cliff. That is what I have been telling my brother also. Things happen for a reason. Keep your chin up.

14. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

Sorry to hear of your layoff Cliff. I too was laid off in October and as you all know, lost my home 4 days later to a house fire. Talk about getting knocked down!!!!!!:ack: But it's good that you have a positive outlook, I was fortunate enough to only be out of work for 5 weeks before I got another job. I will pray for you and your family. I believe if you let God handle it, you will find that everything will work out for the better. Good Luck and if I can help you out in any way possible, shoot me a P.M.

15. carolinasun

carolinasun Well-Known Member

That's right, If you don't ask GOD for anything, that's what you will get
    NOTHING!!! Talk to him... Good Luck 8)

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Clif, is the company you used to work for tied to automotive?

Mine held off until after the Senate shot down the auto bailout this morning.

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. It is so sad the year end and the holidays are so close together because the year end is a big trigger for things such as that.

18. cddaniels485

cddaniels485 Guest

Sorry to hear about your luck Cliff, my husband got fired a few years back, best danged thing that ever happened to him. I hope everything works our for you. Keep your chin up. What kind of work do you do? Just curious..

19. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

Sorry to hear that Clif. The only positive is now you can see attachments and youtube whenever you want. But seriously, sorry dude.

20. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

Sorry for you and all those who are losing their jobs. I've been there and I know it sucks. Being from WV I have family in the mines. Its a way of life to get laid off or go out on strike. They would run their credit cards up during the tough times and pay off the debt when they went back to work. You have to do whatever you can to survive. Good luck in your job search.