Who wraps their Santa presents??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Dec 26, 2008.

1. browns rule

browns rule Guest

I have a question.....when I was growing up, my parents never wrapped my presents that were from Santa. Their parents never wrapped theirs when they were little either. I guess the reason for this is they wanted to see our expression of looking at all the unwrapped presents from Santa under the tree. When we first started having kids, I did not want to wrap the Santa presents but my husband insists that we wrap them. Who wraps and who doesn't???

2. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Santa never wrapped ours either.

3. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my husband! We always got "Santa" presents unwrapped. I have friends whose kids figured out the wrapping and/or the handwriting. I give in, but HE has to wrap them all :) I do it under protest, though.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I grew up with unwrapped Santa gifts and when my teen was younger I followed that tradition. When my child started questioning Santa he started wrapping them so she would not slip down and see them without her family. I even found her unwrapping and then putting tape back on them one year...how funny. I guess Santa did not mind as he kept coming back.

Same deal with the Easter Bunny. After a certain point the Easter Bunny left notes and a trail so that inquiring minds would not find the basket without the family.

How funny,
    Sherry

P.S. Yes, kids, Santa and the Easter Bunny still exist they just want families to enjoy the holiday together.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Santa wraps the presents here - he just uses a different wrapping paper than mom and no gift tags, since the gifts are layed out by the child's stocking with their name on it.

I know. Genious. ;) :lol:

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Same here... it's always paper with Santa on it.....

separated at birth I tell ya

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Santa used to wrap our presents, mom was afraid we would sneak down after the Santa presents got put out. THEN she started writing the gift tags in "gregg" shorthand, so that no one could read them but her! And the worse was that she would take the tags off the presents before she handed it to you so that you couldn't see how your name looked in shorthand and remember it for the next year!! I love my mommy!! :jester:

8. Cleopatra

YES!!! Paper with Santa on it, too.

<runs to check birth certificate, verifying single infant was born>

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

<checked BC too> <shrugs> and then says to self, "birth certificate doesn't mean anything.... I've found 3 sisters in the past year. No telling who else the "donor" fathered." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Cleopatra

Hey sista go sista soul sista!!

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I discussed this topic on another board last year. We determined it was mostly a Southern thing. Santa has never wrapped presents at our house, except for maybe a "surprise" gift.

12. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Pain in the you know what but we've always wrapped Santa gifts here. Even the stocking stuffers. Use different paper. IT's getting a little nutty though w/ all the kids and the mess. So....next year, no paper. We're getting storage bins and each will get one w/ their gifts. Storage bin will be wrapped but that is it. Plus, I can reuse the bins. But after wrapping gifts at one in the morning this past Christmas Eve, we are done wrapping gifts for everyone--LOL. I bet I can beat anyone in a professional wrapping contest w/ all the gifts I've wrapped for these kids in the past few years--LOL. Have to wrap some more tonight. Daughter is turning 16yo tomorrow. Yikes! I'm getting old. Next week, I have a son w/ another birthday turning 10yo. Same day as my husband's birthday. Mine is in January. So, by mid-january, I hate paper--LOL!

Oh, one year I did a "treasure map". Kids loved that one. Trouble was, it wasn't supposed to rain. Live and learn. Have a great Friday. Anyone been to sales lately today? I hear there are bargins. We are in no position to shop but would love to hear what's out there.. Okay, start a different thread for that one as not to hijack this one.

Take care,

Stephanie--mom to 7

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Thats so easy... if you don't buy anything then there is nothing to wrap, plain and simple.

Maybe thats why I don't have friends and family never invite me over. Maybe a New Years Resolution. :lol:

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Santa has always been environmentally conscious when it came to unnecessary waste in our house.

Still needs to look into the excessive greenhouse gases coming off Rudolph

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

When the kids were younger, Santa did not wrap gifts. (Mine were not either as a child) Now everything gets wrapped except stocking stuffers.

16. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

We always wrap; not too much stuff, so it's never really a problem. I just like seeing the kids unwrapping the presents. Such a big part of the whole santa, Christmas, gift giving thing.
    Unwrapping is fun!

17. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

We wrap all of ours from Santa! More fun for the kids!:lol:

18. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  19. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

Sounds like Santa needs to man up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  20. I'm another one that uses special santa wrapping paper and no labels. At our house, Santa only fills the stockings (with some overflow onto the fireplace).