Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep me too, that was when we used to have the 4042 lunches that were the bomb and webbie actually sent us balloons and the stickers, got one on my car too - maybe he will have them at the Strawberry Festival, speaking of which, i need a new 4042 lunch bag, my zipper broke:cry:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Just remembered mine was in the car from when *we* went somewhere recently. :lol:

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I have never seen a car with a 4042.com sticker on it, but it would be awesome if I did!! I'm always wondering if I'm in the presence of a fellow 4042er - like tonight at the gym...

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well if ya see a little white VW Cabrio convertible with a 4042 sticker on the back window, ya got me:lol: Just make sure you let me know

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah, just like my lime green thing, dang i cannot keep up with those things, first the purple one and now the lime one - gonna probably run by your house tomorrow nite to get it if you are gonna be home.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

hmmm, what gym were you at and what time? :lol:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

what run you of the road then...:jester:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

silly man:lol::lol::lol:

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

FFL, 5:00, you'd know it was me, my 3 boys come running in every time!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hehehe, you sound like me years ago, that is where my nickname Kaci came from, KC and the Sunshine Band, always had 3 boys running either in front of or behind:lol:

11. seabee

seabee Guest

well hello hello, hope you been doing good... :cheers:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep and you too, business has been crazy lately, thank God it let "up" a little bit today:cheers:

13. seabee

seabee Guest

great here... busy is a good thing as long as breaks fall in there sometimes...:cheers:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well it was not a total ban on smoking, smoking is still allowed in separate parts of a restaurant and all private restaurants. Having been born and raised in VA, worked in the industry up there for about 18 years, there are gonna be a lot more private clubs then they have ever known, jmho - what restaurant or club is gonna turn smokers away? As the news said, all the major chains will have the money to comply with the restriction of a separate room but for those small mom and pop businesses who do not have the money, what happens to them, several websites are saying they will unfortunately not have the money for the upgrades and therefore end up going under, gotta be proud when the government tells business owners what they can and cannot do no matter how it affects their business. Hope you are proud of yourself, how ya gonna feel when the government tells you what you can do with your business whatever it may be this month or next? Oh yeah, government says you cannot charge what you want to perform weddings and you cannot demand that all couples go through their counseling with you - if you want to be able to officiate a wedding you can only do what is allowed, cannot make your own decisions or restrictions and only charge what they deem normal and acceptable for all people. And the next time you want to write a book, well guess what, you are only allowed to charge what is acceptable to everyone, not the clientele you cater to. Sorry, H6, but ya know, if you want to control what other business's do, then you have to be ready to accept what the government thinks you should do. There is a reason it is called private business but i guess that has gotten lost.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

Well put I might add...

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

KC,

I understand your point.

When it comes to the health of the public, at large, the government does have a responsibility for society. That's why there are laws against DUI, not wearing safety belts, speeding, etc. There are people who argue against the requirement for wearing seat belts, with all manner of arguments. So far, the policy remains unchanged, and the wearing safety belts is required. This isn't about the government wanting to cause people's clothes to wrinkle, or to restrain the normal operation of a vehicle. The law is designed to saves lives and reduce injuries in case of accidents. There can be no argument that the law is effectively doing what it as designed to do.

Similarly, the laws to reduce the dangers to non smokers by 2nd hand smoke are not designed to infringe on your personal space. No law can regulate your smoking in your own car or in your home. I would be as against those as I am for regulating smoking in PUBLIC facilities. The law in JoCo has made all school campuses tobacco free. I hear of no outcry against this policy? Why is that?

I would like to point out that, as far as I know, there have been ZERO adverse side effects on the health of a person attending a wedding. They may get sick from bad food at the reception. Unless I am the one who prepared the food or stored it such that it was not fit for human consumption, that's beyond my purview. Yes, I guess it's possible that a couple whose wedding I perform may be unhappy and divorce. Or go into a depression and suffer in many other ways. It is doubtful that the words that I speak at a ceremony are a factor in those outcomes. If so, I have yet to see the science to back up the claims. The science behind the dangers of 2nd hand smoke is solid.

Again, KC, with deepest respect and humility, I would suggest that you have taken my words as a personal attack on your and your rights. Nothing can be further from the truth. I support your rights to do as you wish in your home, on your property, even for you to open a business and operate it as you wish, as long as the laws of the land are followed.

My point was that the laws in VA had changed. And, most assuredly, those laws will undergo some modification in NC.

It was never meant to be a shot across your bow. If, in fact, my words were interpreted that way, then I will apologize for their not being clearer.

H6

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

^ Well said Hat!!

:hurray:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

19. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Maybe they want a healthier environment for their employees and their customers.