Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

[Maybe they want a healthier environment for their employees and their customers.

You must have misunderstood. I was referring to the fact that they don't want to allow restaurants to be private and allow smoking. This would not affect their (non smoking restaurants) employees and customers. It would however make them lose business if smokers went elsewhere to eat.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I bet the industry would probably be pleasantly surprised at the amount of non-smokers that come out of the house and spend more time and money in restaurants & bars knowing that they are non-smoking. I'll be the first to admit, there are nights I just don't go to McKinleys because I don't want to come home smelling like an ashtray.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Smoke break :lol:

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

JUst finished mine...... :)

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ya know I love y'all anyway.... I'm just sayin' :jester:

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I know, I loves ya'll 2. :grouphug:

Ya'll behave, gotta git to work and run some errands.

:nopity: Seems like groundhog day for me allllll over again. :lol:

7. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Know what you're saying. We won't go back to the Clubhouse Restaurant until a no-smoking law is passed. Great food and service when we go.....just way too smokey.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

well good don't go to that one then, we have choices out there of where to eat and what to eat. If a restaurant allows smokers and you no like well don't go like you said, there are many options out there.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

a heater or a joint???

heater meaning cigs... by the way.

10. seabee

seabee Guest

take out is available...8)

11. soulshine

Me too!

12. soulshine

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just finished mine:lol::lol::lol:

14. RealityCheck

Nah...no reason for that when the CDH is right there too...food just as good...... and we don't smell smoke in the restaurant section.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

no offense taken H6, we can always agree to disagree:cheers: But in another vein, think about this. If the government can ban smoking in private restaurants because it is harmful to the general public, will the next step be to ban alcohol like the prohibition days in restaurants because evidently that kills or hurts just as many if not more of the population and drunk drivers who leave a bar or restaurant are making non-drinking people pay the price for their decision in the same vein as the rational about smoking. Just sayin:cheers:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

see everyone has a choice, we love the Clubhouse and they are doing a great business even through this tough economy so you choosing a non-smoking place to dine satisfys everyone:hurray:

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree. I think this should be left up to restaurants. Most I have been to, there are non-smoking sections. <gasp>

Let's start dictating their menus, too. You know, to be more health conscious and all.

18. RealityCheck

I think it should be left up to the owners too...but just saying: since it looks like this law might pass this year....I'll look forward to going back to the Clubhouse when it does.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's next on Obama's list of things to do......right after he negotiates our country's surrender to the Taliban.

:jester:

Craig

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

didn't they do something like that in NY - ban trans fat or something?